cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Sender IDOC Packaging Configuration in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...

I have a query on Sender IDOC Packaging Configuration in PI , Please could you help me out with steps to be done in PI for Sender IDOC Packaging.

Steps Done : From R/3 Side in WE20 in partner profile package configuration Done.

Steps Needed : What are the steps we need to configure in PI for IDOC packaging.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Somu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somesh,

Using Sender IDOC Adapter you can send multiple IDOC's as one message to XI ... Provided u are on PI7.0 and >SP13...

And in SAP the IDOC shld be sent in collect mode.... and in XI just handle the Sender IDOC adpater by mentioning the IDOC packaging field...

And no need of any any xml file or BPM...

Regards,

Sridhar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

R3 - Create Port-we21

PI - Idx2 ,Idx1 ( Meta data & Port )

Link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/06/d781977e8b40b3ac8e651cae383df5/frameset.htm

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply..

This is fine....but my question is what are the steps to configure sender IDOC Packaging..

in my scenario i have to send multiple IDOC in a single message.

Thanks

Somu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If you are on PI 7.1 enhp 1 or PI 7.0 enhp1 ,IDOC packaging can be configured in sender IDOC adapter itself

if you are not at that level,you can follow the below blog

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 22, 2009 9:32 AM

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somu,

Check this Link

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

we are using pi7.0 sp14.

Regards

Somu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Support pack (SP) is not exactly same as Enhancement package(EnHP).

Please follow the blog i have mentioned in my earlier post.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

Follow stefans blog given by aamir and create a file port and let the idocs get collected and write to that file port. Then you need to pick that file using File adapter and send to the target. It is very straight.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for response.....

Is there no otherway to achive IDOC Packaging for Sender Side.

In the above blog , alternative process is there, but i am unable to make it to sucess...

Please let us know if some other wqy to make it achive.

Thanks for your Support

Somu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

For performance reasons if you use the steps given by stefan it is very good. If it is not feasible at your end due to any restrictions, then the other option is to go with BPM.

Check this blog for this:

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/09/07/using-a-bpm-to-collect-messages-for-a-set-interval-of-time

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanking you all for your support..........

Then it is sure.....we cant do IDOC packaging with out BPM in sender IDOC Side..

But in stepen blogs it is done by making idocs clubing into xml file then we are sending that xml file to PI.

So there is no other way to direct club all idoc togerthere which R/3 sending and sending them in one shot to PI.

Thanks Again

Somu

Former Member
0 Kudos

x

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So there is no other way to direct club all idoc togerthere which R/3 sending and sending them in one shot to PI.

You should be able to collect IDOC's in R/3( not via File mechanism) via a batch job and send them in a single go to XI.

Thanks

Aamir