Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Dev. connected to ECC Dev and ECC Qas

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have a question -

We have 2 XI systems: Development, and Production (no QAS)

And 3 ECC systems: Dev, Qas and Prd.

Now we have the XI Dev connected to the ECC Dev.

I'd like to know if it's possible to also connect the XI Dev System to the ECC Qas system.

I mean, to create the RFC dest. in both systems, a new Business System for ECC QAS; and all the necessary config.... and if it won't take problems when we have to transport the Interfaces from DEV to PRD.

Thanx in advance.

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this should not be a problem.

Done something similar with a DEV XI connected to an DEV ECC and TRAIN ECC. You just need to add the ports, RFC destinations, etc. and give new entries in ID for receiver / sender determination, business systems, etc. IR objects should be okay as they can be used for all scenarios in ID.

Regards,

Kai

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Michael, I'll take care with this.

Regards,

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx to everyone.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juan,

just be carefull when you add you QUA config in ID and then when you will transport...

1. in your ID, when will define the config with QUA, do NOT ADD the object to your Scenario.... if for the transport you choose the option "Transport all objects of my Scenario"... else you will have a problem in Prod because of the system QUA. Indeed with transport DEV become PROD but your ECC QUA cannot become ...

2. when you will transport to your PI prod :

- check my first point or use option "Transport by selecting each objects" and choose only object linked link to your DEV.

- delete also the Condition option (if you have one) in the Receiver Determination if in th receivers list you have DEV and QUA.... because after the transport the ECC QUA become nothing.

So yes we can. There is no technical issue.... if you do properly the things !!

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan ,

Now we have the XI Dev connected to the ECC Dev.

I'd like to know if it's possible to also connect the XI Dev System to the ECC Qas system.

-->Yeah..sure...Just make an entry of ECC QAS using RZ70 in SLD directly...Use the SLD of XI dev for ECC Dev and QA.

Integration server of application Server will be confgured at ECC side so no issue at all..Keep the business systems different..only ..

Infact we had the same landscape for one of our client .

Go ahead..No Issue from technical point of view..!!!!

Regards,

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan,

>I'd like to know if it's possible to also connect the XI Dev System to the ECC Qas system.

Yes,

>I mean, to create the RFC dest. in both systems, a new Business System for ECC QAS; and all the necessary config....

Sure, You can goahead

>it won't take problems when we have to transport the Interfaces from DEV to PRD.

You are right

Cheers

Agasthuri