Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a background job to Suspend state

former_member1283182
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to make a particular Background Job status to SUSPEND State.

- we use BTCTRNS1 & BTCTRNS2 to move all the jobs to Suspend state at one go.

- But I would like to check if there is a way to move one particular job to Suspend state, and again change it back to Active state.

Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I would like to check if there is a way to move one particular job to Suspend state, and again change it back to Active state

I think this is not possible. If you dont want to run any perticular job then you can put it in schedule status as said above

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically

this is how a Background Job flows.

1. Scheduled - The job has been created, but it has not yet been assigned a starting time.

2. Released - The job has been created and it has been assigned a starting time.

3. Ready - The job is ready to be processed.

4. Active - The job is being processed.

5. Finished - The job has finished successfully.

6. Cancelled - The job did not finish successfully.

if u want to make a job not to work for some period of time, then take it from released to scheduled.

Later when u require u can release it back.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear satish c,

As per my knowledge, I dont think if there is any option to suspend a single job. As you rightly said BTCTRNS1 and BTCTRNS2 will suspend and release all jobs.

Since it is only single job which you want to suspend then what you can do is change the state of that job from Released to Schedule state i.e., remove the Job start date, time and periodicity (if it is a periodic job) and again you can get the job back to Release state by giving the start condition.

Hope clarifies.

Regards,

Sharath

former_member1283182
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharath,

My perspective was with respect to - bringing specific job to Suspend state from Active status.

Satish.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to do that with one job why don't you just change the job from released to scheduled

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satish C,

If it is regarding suspending the active job then as per my knowledge it would not work with BTCTRN1 also to suspend an ACTIVE Job.

As per me Active job can be cancelled, but suspending for some time and again changing to Active might not be possible. But you can try the option "Capture Active Job" which will stop the active status job for debugging. Check if this option can meet your requirement. Select the job with Active status and click on Capture Active Job from Job Menu

Regards

Sharath