cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform download/download text elements...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When in the Smartform itself there's a download feature to produce an XML file. Does this also output all the foreign text (short/long) as well or does this need to be exported via some other means?.

On a similar subject, how is the text module related to the Smartform, or is the text module ALWAYS named exactly the same as the Smartforms?.

Edited by: Gary King on Jul 22, 2009 4:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. No it wont download the include text, you may need to do other way..But I dont think its not needed, I hope u r taking about smartform donload not layout download.

2. You can name anything, its like separate object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done it before, a few years back, but I can't remember how I can output/export the text element translations.

I am moving Smartforms from one SAP system to another (both unicode) without using transports. So I'm looking for a way to output the text elements for a particular language.

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Text element translation you can do it SE63 and transport, smartform directly download upload to other system...

I am bit confused about your requirement now.. :-)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, in a nutshell our client used to have their SAP system hosted and run by someone, and this has now changed. The company that I work for are now hosting running the SAP system on behalf of the client. We have grabbed all forms the client had changed specifically for their requirements. The sapscrips are no problem and the Smartforms can be output to XML and uploaded, however, the text element translations are obviously not in this Smartform XML file. Remembering that we have not created a single transport in the process of copying the programs, sapscript or smartforms as there is NO link between the source and destination SAP systems.

We therefore need a way to export the text element translations WITHOUT using a transport, if it'spossible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

For anybody who have to import text elemts from other R3 system. Please use it accordingly to you system.

Change lv_optins to your smartforms name and give the proper destination for the RFC FM (QUACLNT300).

In my case the routine will downloadtext the text element for smartform ZIT_SD001_INVOICE_DOM from client

QUACLNT300 and insert it into stxftxt table if there is no any text for that.

All the best!