cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for specific date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to close my workflow after at a specific date. I have this date (closing date) in my workflow container.

How can I wait till this date is reached?

Thanks and Regards,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

A couple of ways:

If your workflow is at a specific step that should end, you can use a Latest End modelled deadline. This is entered under the Latest End tab of the step in the workflow builder, use expression and specify your container date element. An easier way is to use the modelled deadline wizard.

If the deadline is applicable to a series of tasks, you can group them into a block and set the deadline at block level.

Blocks are not available before 6.40 (It is always helpful to provide your system and version, even if you think it's not relevant), so in a 6.20/4.6x system, you can:

Group the monitored steps into a subworkflow and set the deadline in the calling flow.

-or-

Create a dummy wait task with no code. Put it into a branch of a '1 of 2' fork and your normal steps in the other. Set a <i>requested start</i> deadline on the wait step. This will cause it to wait until the specified time and then 'execute' - i.e. do nothing and proceed to the end of the fork. Either branch terminates it.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add a step in your workflow with <b>Requested Start</b> as your required date in workflow container.

Once this date is reached, this step will be executed and your workflow will get completed.

Hope this helps .

Regds,

Akshay

Note: Pls mark helpful answer