cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop up a view with long T100 message text - correctly formated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Did anybody once implement a method to display the long text of a T100 message?

I have a link that on selection should pop up a window containing the long text of a T100 message - correctly formated ( as the standard WD does it).

I solved this problem technically by using the component: WDR_DOCU_HELPER, setting the message content to attributes of its assistance class and pop up the window using the static method: cl_wdr_runtime_services=>display_view_in_popup.

This works. however, the package check fails, because both the packages: SWDP_RUNTIME_COMP (containing the WDR_DOCU_HELPER WD component) and the SWDP_RUNTIEM_CORE (for displaying the pop up) are designed for internal use and are not allowed to be used by external packages.

I am afraid that we cannot release our application to customer, as long as we get errors in the package check.

And I am also afraid that I have to implement my own solution to display the long text of the message in the correct format.

I have the long text in string, I have the single attributes of the T100 message ( msgid, msgnr, v1-v4), how to get the information on how to format the text to be in the same look and feel as the Basis WD does?

Very thankful for any hint.

kind regards,

Sahla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you tried looking at the functionality of the Component in question? The component itself uses a FormattedTextView UI element for the output of the help document. The Assistance class (CL_WDR_DOCU_HELPER_ASSIST) and method GET_DOCU does most of the work. There are calls to CL_WDR_DOCU_UTILITY to lookup the SAPScript formatted text of the error message. Inside this Utility class it is mostly using the old function modules like HELP_MESSAGE_GET and DOCU_GET. Depending upon the use case of the how you lookup the message text, these function modules might just meet your needs. Then to convert from SAPScript to the FormattedText they use the public API cl_wd_formatted_text=>create_from_sapscript.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I selected the FM's that I need and it worked.

kind regards,

Sahla

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

sorry i answer to an old thread but i saw here was a discussion about that.

do you know why

e.g.

<DS:URLA.http://www.orf.at>Orf</>

which is shown in se11->documentation (sapscript) corretly , not shown correctly in explaination on webdynpro input field

cl_wd_formatted_text=>create_from_sapscript does not show this as a link to a website in this example.

maybe there is a docu of limitations in wd againg sapscript-functionality (we want f1 help on datafields based on domains ....)

best regards!!

oliver

Answers (0)