cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create CVC's after upgrading to SCM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

In S&DP administration we tried to do a Create Single Characteristic Value Combination, and we received the error, "The infoprovider XXXX is inconsistent - please reactivate". The infprovider/POS is active. We can query data, and open the associated planning area in SDP94 and perform DP tasks.

The procedure provided in the error message says:

1. "Activate Infoprovider XXXXX again and remove the errors that occur" I'm assuming that this is the activate option in S&DP administration for the POS? Will this delete existing planning data?

2. If this does not help, repair the InfoObjects: Using the 'InfoObjects' pushbutton, branch from the Data Warehousing Workbench into InfoObject maintenance (or choose transaction RSD1). Choose the function Extras -->Repair InfoObjects. Set processing so that the repair is executed too (the default is test mode), and choose Execute.

We executed this for the infoprovider and/or the characteristics of the infoprovider and it did not do anything.

Have anyone encountered this issue before?

Any thought/suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

1. Activating the POS will not cause any loss of data, if it is already active. and if you remember its a regular practice frequently to make sure all the CVC and time series is aligned correctly. to your information, both POS and Planning area ( timeseries)can be activated any number of times to avoid the inconsistencies. i suggest you can active agian the POS.

2. I suggest to run the below consistency checks for POS, please choose Analyse error first and the run the correction.

/SAPAPO/PSTRUCONS - Consistency Check for Planning Object Structure

/SAPAPO/TSPSTRU - Toolbox for Planning Object Structures

if you are not able to find any useful solution, i suggest you raise OSS message as early. becuase this error might disturb the entire CVC at anytime, its my experience. if there is any error with POS will make CVC in problem...

Hope this information is useful

Yarala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply! However this did not solve my issue. I actually ran this before. I had to run a RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE to solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good To hear that you have solved the issue