cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L Account - Material Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assigning material to my project and i use project stock...I select proc indicator Preq+Res for WBS..in this case whenever I assign material, G/L account is not automatically picked, it always asks for G/L account. Please tell me how to make the G/L account picked automatically, where i should do the relevant setting.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Assuming that your Account assignment category is Q.

2) Go to OBYC and transaction GBB.

3) Under the valuation class picked up from the Material Master of that particular material and general modification VBR, check whether the entries are mentioned there.

4) Assign the same material again in the Project and Check if the GL account is picked up.

Hope it helps.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varshal...problem solved

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPS80,

if the 'valuated project stock' of the project header is ticked, please check the involved material using e.g. MM02, tab ' accounting', field 'Proj.stk val. class'. And check the MM customizing 'Automatic posting - Accounts, or. using OBYC, for transaction BSV (Change in stock account).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to material master accounting 1 view for the material which you used in network material activity. In that check the Valuation Class and note down the valuation calss.

Goto OBYC t.code and select the Inventory posting BSX transaction double clikc on that

Find the correct valuation class and enter the G/L account which you want and save.

Example:

Valuation Class M114 in Accounting view 1

Go to OBYC select BSX double click

Search the Valuation Class M114 and enter the G/L accuont 100000

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali...G/L account is assgined there...but still system is not picking.....if i select proc ind..Res for WBSE, then system creates reservation and upon MRP run PR is created with correct G./L account maintained in OBYC BSX...but the problem comes only when i select Preq+Res for WBSE, the system doesnt pick G/L account from OBYC BSX and throwing error during release ssaying G/L account is not maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then check in BSV .

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing was maintained in BSV...but still after maintaining G/L account for Val Class problem remains same...

note: We have maintained Val modification as 0001 in BSV..anyother suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem remains unsolved.....any suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to OBYC

Select

Transaction GBB

Click position

Valuation modif. 2

General modification VBR

Valuation class XXXX( Which is there in material master)

here enter the G/L account.

Thanks

S.Murali