Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender - How to skip User id and password

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have configured a SOAP sender to RFC scenario(synchronous). I am sending request through Altova XML Spy and SOAP sender is accepting request and scenrio is working fine.

I have configured SOAP sender using

HTTP Security level = HTTP. ( there are two more options-- HTTPs with and without client authentication).

When I am sending SOAP request through Altova and it is asking for login id and password of PI system.

My business requirement is that SOAP sender should accept request without asking login id and password. (I will use separate method for authentication).

Please let me know how to bypass this id and pwd.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>My business requirement is that SOAP sender should accept request without asking login id and password. (I will use separate method for authentication).

the easiest way to do this is by using ABAP SOAP adapter (port 8XX0) and not JAVA

(5XX00) this way you can put user/pass inside SCIF service directly

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Michal.

I could not understand the procedure. Can you please explain this.

thanks.

Sandeep

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have a look at this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

for all SICF services you can put user/pass directly so no need to use it in SOAP call

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

Infact I have plan to use SSL (HTTPs). I guess I need adapter engine at that time.

but this weblog is saying to skip adapter engine.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Infact I have plan to use SSL (HTTPs). I guess I need adapter engine at that time.

Yes,you do need to go through Adapter engine for SSL.

In your case,you can not bypass adapter engine,the only other option you have now is to store the user ID and password in the form of some cookie in the sender application itself(not sure if sender application system will let you do that or not though)

There is no other way in my knowledge

Thanks

Aamir

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

Michal, any suggestion regarding SSL, SOAP and user id pwd skip issue??

Thanks,

Sandeep.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but this weblog is saying to skip adapter engine.

It is mentioned as a good practice...should not be confused as a restriction

The sap-user and sap-password fields cannot be used in the WSDL to call the Sender SOAP channel.....parameters applicable only for ABAP-based adapters (HTTP)....as replied by Stefan to one of my doubts

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you are already planning to use SSL ie. HTTPs in your SOAP communications, then what is the need for username/password. Once you configure your certificates, it would never ask you for username/password.

Configure your sender Agreement cerficates as mentioned in the link below..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1f/7e2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

-Siva Maranani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can assign a certificate to a user in PI, in the soap call you send this certificate.

regards

franz

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no way to skip login id and password in PI7.0, if transport protocol is HTTP.

However in PI7.1 this feature is provided.

Thanks,

Sandeep Maurya