Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO Document in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I have to attached my ISO document in DMs with hierarch level

Apex document>Quality manual>Departmet Manual>format in this manner i want to maintain my document

Awaiting foe your valuable answer.

regards

kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

if I understood your question correctly you are looking for creating a kind of document hierarchy in DMS. Based on your description you need three document info records (DIR) where

1st DIR has Apex document

2dn DIR has Quality manual

3rd DIR has departmet Manual

In this case I would recommend you weither to create a document BOM in transaction CV11 where you select one DIR as header and then add the other two DIRs as items to it. This can be done in transaction CV11 and CV12.

Another possibility would be to create all three document info records and then create a hierarchy by entering the suitable document data in the fields for the superior document info record. This way you can enter a superior document for each document info record and create a kind of hierarchy. This hierarchy could be display then with the small hierarchy icon in one of the involved document info records.

I hope this information could be useful for you. Otherwise please explain your question in more details.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really Valuable answer

what you understood is my requirement but can you gude how to go for this hierarchy how to maintain

please guide as i m not the consultant i m the functional user so please guide, but i m aware of the config

regards

kunal

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Kunal,

first of all it is necessary to create three document info records. This can be done in transaction CV01N. For storing originals I would recommend you to choose a document type which uses the KPRO storage concept. You can search for such a document type in transaction DC10 and check which type has set the flag 'Use KPRO'.

Back to CV01N. At the 'Document Data' screen you can add original files by using the 'Create' button at the bottom of the screen. This button looks like a white sheet of paper.

After you entered the document file path and choose a suitable workstation application the original file will be added to the document info record. If possible you can also add all three original also to one document info record if you store them in a KPRO storage category.

Otherwise you have to create one document info record per original file. If you have created all three document info records, you can go to transaction CV11 to create a document BOM. In transaction CV11 you have to choose one document info record which should be the header of this BOM. On the following screen you can add the other two document info records as items. This way a document BOM will be created.

In case you want to create a document hierarchy which is slightly different, you also need three document info records. But then you do enter transaction CV02N. In transaction CV02N you will find an area called 'superior document' on the first tab. Here you can enter one document number, type, part and version. If you enter a document here you create a hierarchy like

Superior document info record

> sub-document info record

And this can be done for each involved document info record. But there can be always only one superior document for one document info record.

I hope this information could be useful for achieving the desired behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Really valuable answer and one more thing to ask where i can see KRPO and i want to see the tree structure of ISO document i saw cv04n but can you guide where i can see the bom. can u help in giving some eg in steps,i would highly appreciate as your answer have really solved almost of my problem and i m really thankful.How to take approval for the individual doc through different user

regards

kunal

Edited by: kunal joshi on Jul 23, 2009 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Tcode CV13.

Reg,

Tushar

Answers (0)