cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prohibit creation of purchase prder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to use user status to prohibit the creation of purchase order (for both material and services) when the Budget of that WBS is not released.

I am able to do this only for material purchase order but not for service purchase orders. This is because the transaction control is available only for "create material PO".

How can this be achieved?

bye

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap

Yes, you are right. System control is available for material PR & material PO.

There is one more option that you can utilise.

In user status, Apartfrom forbidding material PR & material PO, you also forbid "Release".

So with this user status, no PR/ PO will be generated unless user status allows (user staus should be reste after budgeting).

For example, (In OK02)

1. create user status, "NBUD", which will forbid creation of "material PR", "material PO" & "Release"

2. create another user staus "BUDG" where in you allow business transaction you forbid in "NBUD"

It works well. Just try.

Good luck.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Create a User Status CRTD for WBS element

2) Double click the User Status CRTD and set radio button Material purchase order as Forbidden.

3) Save

4) Try to create the PO. It should give an erro that the WBS User status is CRTD.

Hope it helps.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think you can control the PO creation using Project user status. Because the PO creation is taken place out of PS. If once the PO created there is no system status is changed in the project. So it is not possible to set control in project user status.

Check with your MM consulatnt, anything done from MM side.

Thanks

S.Murali