cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a web services scenario like this: Portal (WebSphere) <-> XI <-> IS-U and I started to create a receiver agreement with a receiver SOAP adapter to put a message on WebSphere portal.

When the IS-U sends a message and XI pick up and put him on WebSphere portal trough receiver SOAP adapter, the message never reach the WebSphere portal, but in sxmb_moni the flag status is ok and it means that the message was delivered successfully.

I tried a little test, I change the web services target address of WebSphere portal to a wrong one and in a new execution, the status flag continues ok and nothing (messages) reach the Portal… It suppose give me a red flag with errors, something like “can’t find target host”, because the target address its wrong!!! Why I receive a flag status ok? …and with an asynchronous scenario it is not supposed receive acknowledge from webservices?

Anyone knows or have an idea about what’s happening??? Why XI tells me that the message was delivered successfully when is not???

Anyone can provide me some transactions to trace SOAP adapter to help me understand what’s really happening.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose You have to check message status in RWB - Adapter Engine Monitoring

Message was edited by: Sergey A

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Adapter Monitoring in Runtime workbench.

1.Open the link

http://<XIHOST>:<J2EE_PORT>/rep/start/index.jsp

2.click on Runtimework beanch

3.enter your password

4. click Message monitoring

5. From the drop down select your Adapter engine

6. click display.

7. Add filter to the search. and click start.

You will be able to see all the message.

You can also try component monitoring, here you can select your adapter engine and then click Adapter monitoring.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

what you need to do is to check what happens with the

message on the j2ee adapter:

http://hostname:portnumber/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

from here you can check if it was restarted or not

do you see your calls as faild now or delivering?

you can also delete the message from there and check

in the sxmb_moni then

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thanks a lot, this j2ee adapter monitor is really great!

In received messages async I have all steps traced successful, but the last have this error:

SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: service http://switching/xi unknown

Do you know what’s happening?

Thanks,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> soap fault: service http://switching/xi unknown

have a look at the place where you use : http://switching/xi

namespace (service?, or namespace, etc)

and try checking it

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

ops! a little mistake

Now the log gave me this:

2006-05-03 11:41:42 Success The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://ed19dci1f.appl.edinfor.pt:54900/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success Delivering to channel: SOAPReceiverChannel

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success SOAP: request message entering the adapter

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success SOAP: call failed

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

2006-05-03 11:41:43 Success SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

Why the sxmb_moni show me a flag with status ok, when here in j2ee adapter log I see a failed call to soap adapter? and what is the cause of SOAP call failed?

Thanks a lot for precious help

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

What is the version of your WSE (Web service API)?

During implementations it is noticed that WSE API 2.0 does not work properly with Soap Adapter. So just try to use WSE API 1.0

It is seen that the SOAP header contains a WSSE tags which are not compatible with SOAP Adapter. This tag is generated only when WSE API 2.0 is used.

Also have a look at the adapter monitoring....

Runtime workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Adapter Monitoring

The problem can sometime be with the authentication also.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The soap adapter in adapter monitoring is green and only shows me the name of my receiver adapter and status: active and the web service doesn't have user authentication.

How I can check the version of Web service API in XI?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you're not sure you can try to catch

the web service call from the XI

(use a proxy server tool for that)

and you can compare with it a correct call

from a web service client)

you can also try looking in the VA logs for more details

on the error

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again guys,

Anyone can provide me some clues on these doubts:

Web services asynchronous scenario: Portal (WebSphere) <-> XI <-> IS-U.

> It is possible use web services paradigm with an asynchronous scenario?

> To receive acknowledges that tell me if the message was processed, I need to define two Message Interfaces. 1) Outbound, Asynchronous 2) Inbound, Synchronous? It’s not possible only with one async interface?

> In an async interface “receiver” without response message, if the message not reached the target is supposed to give me a red flag with errors on sxmb_moni? (I have a scenario like this and in sxmb_moni the flag status is ok, however in j2ee monitor I see call failed to soap adapter!?!?!)

> To define messages interfaces, I need to download and create an external definition with wsdl provided by the web service that I want invoke? It is not possible do my DT, MT and MI without wsdl?

Thanks a lot for all.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Quintino