cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using NWDS 7.1 ehp1 version and i developed a sample application here to retreive the data from r/3.

when i try to execute the application it's giving the following error..

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

can anybody help me to solve this issue..

thanks,

viswa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to inform those who might get into this problem when using NWDS 7.1.

In NWDS 7.1, we are recommended to use aRFC2 model in creating model - this would require a totally different way to maintain the JCo destinations comparing to the past.

We now have to maintain the JCo destinations not in the JCo Connection Administrator, but in the NWA under u201CConfiguration Managementu201D - > Security -> Destinations. Thanks to Chris Whealy, our Java WD expert.

Cheers!

Best regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solve this issue already?

I encountered exactly the same issue and I have check:

Under Portal -> Web Dynpro -> Content Administrator -> Maintain JCO Destination, this specific JCO destination is already maintained and status is green. Also, I tried <Test> and <Ping>, they all returned with successful message.

Furthermore, I click button <Check SLD connection>, then test the connection, it returns successful message as well.

This issue turns quite annoying now, can anyone help??

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check wether the JCO destination name is created or not in portal

Portal Content->Web Dynpro->Deployed Content->Application

if JCO destination is created test the JCO destination by clicking test link..

General process which will be followed is

1. Configure SLD in the server where your J2EE Engine runs.

2. Define the Technical System referring to the R/3 remote server.

3. Deploy your application and look for the JCO connection in the portal (Portal Content->Web Dynpro->Deployed Content->Application).

4. Create JCO if it does not exist. Ping and Test the connection, either with valid user-id/pwd/client number OR go for SAP Logon Ticket.

5. Now your application will be able to access the R/3 server.

Hope this helps you..

Regards,

Saleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, check the PDF by ayyaparaj for creation and testing of JCO in CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in the portal where i ma having the r/3 database is running the instance wd_rfc_metadatad_dest succesfully...

Actually here i am using the 2 servers.

1 is for deploy the application.. which i given in windows->preferences->sap as java

2 is having the r/3 database...which one i given in windows->preferences->destination config->r/3 configuration..

i am succesfully importing the model from r/3 database to the project while i am creating..

but when i execute it in browser it's giving the error...

in the portal where i ma having the r/3 database is running the instance wd_rfc_metadatad_dest succesfully...

Can any one plz help me to solve this issue.....

thanks,

viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

It may be Problem because of settings (CIM settings etc) related to sld in NWA.

and also edit the jco and check for 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' properties in Content Administrator because some times

its giving problem with userid/pwd if userid/pwd changed or password expired.

Regards

sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First test your destination.

'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST'

Login as an Administrator, then click on "Check SLD", Check if if in your System Landscape Directory Both the ABAP technical system and a Web AS JAVA. are created or not????

If not create the two systems.

If they are already created then,

click on "Maintain JCo Destinations" and there you can see all the applications and their corrosponding metadatas. If JCo is already created then status comes in green color or else status comes in red color.

Check if these JCos are created or not....

If they are not created then create the JCo destinations.

If they are already created then Ping them....

But as per your error, it seems like you haven't maintained JCo destinations.

Refer this link,

http://YourPortalURL:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcwdtools/Explorer

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the JCO is working fine or not in Content Administration>webdynpro>maintain JCO

Regards,

srikanth

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like your JCO is not working.....Just test your JCO. to Retrieving a JCO destination with name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' from the System Landscape Directory (SLD) failed, as the destination could not be found in the SLD. The most probable reason for that is that the destination has not been maintained yet.

Use the preinstalled Web Dynpro Content Admin application to check/edit the destination. Use the Ping and Test functions of the Content Admin to verify that each destination is properly configured."

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i did not find anything specific to 7.1 Ehp1 but following are the links for 04s, hope they will help you

/thread/935388 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check for jco is it working fine or not?

WebDynpro>Content Administrtor>Maintain jco destinations

select 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' and test it.

check also the related technical system (WebAS ABAP) exsisting in SLD or not..

Regards

sowmya