Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mappings_user.sca - Seeburger BIC Mapping Designer

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have read SAP note 1353318 about how to start the BIC adapter on PI 7.1.

Question: where do I get the file "mappings_user.sca" from? It says it is on the BIC Mapping Designer-CD, but the installation files I received via the Internet - I do not have the CD.

Can I somehow create that file with the BIC Mapping Designer that I have already installed?

Thank you for any hint you can give me!

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you already have mapping_sys.sca deployed. mapping_user.sda is created using BIC MD when you create the mapping in ActiveMapping projects and then select "Create Deploy File"

Regards,

Prateek

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek Raj Srivastava,

I did import EDIFACT, XML, CSV,... mappings from an oder version of the Mapping Designer. So I already have mappings in my new version of the Mapping Designer.

I was looking for a function "Create Deploy File" but could not find it. How do I get this option please?

Thank you again and best regards,

Peter

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you see this option when you right click on ActiveMapping project?

Regards,

Prateek

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

I found the option "Create deploy file" but there comes a warning "You cannot create a deploy file for this project! There is no SDA/SCA number for this project".

I took the "Mappings_user.sda" that I have from the former version of Mapping Designer and put it into "...Program Files\SEEBURGER_Mapping_Designer\user\bicmd\Exchange" but this did not help.

Would you have an idea?

Thank you again for your help,

Peter

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you copied you mapping first into ActiveMappings folder? This deploy file is created from ActiveMappings named project only.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

When you create the BIC mappings in the Mapping designer, what you get is a *.bicmd file.

Later, you can create a *.sda file which can be deployed.

So, you have to find the *.bicmd file for the mappings_user.sda file, some where in the desktop/system where the original mappings were created.

Then you can import the *.bicmd file into your new Mapping Designer tool, and move them to the Active Mappings project .

Then, you can create a deployable sda file by right clicking the active mappings node.

Regards,

Ravi

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prateek, Dear Ravi,

I only have one more question I hope.

I took the "prj_GeneratorMappings.zip.bicmd" - file from the old Mapping Designer and imported it into the new Mapping Designer via "File" --> "Import"

(it was the only file that I found with ".bicmd")

But how do I move the Mappings to the "Active Mappings"?

Then you can import the *.bicmd file into your new Mapping Designer tool, and move them to the Active Mappings project .

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,

Peter

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, that is the file to be imported.

You can create a new project calle Active Mappings (NOt sure if there is a Active_Mappings or ActiveMappings or Active Mappings) and copy the content you have imported by right clicking on individual mappings.

Or alternatively, try renaming the project that got created by importing the bicmd file.

I believe there is a guide given along with the seeburger licence for BIC mapping designer.

Search for that pdf document in your software CD.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to manually create the project with exact name "ActiveMappings".

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey peter,

go to your seeburger installation directorys bin folder and check for bicdesigner.ini file and add the below cmd

CmdLnArgX=-ProjectAdmin where X will be 4 (i.e. count of cmd line agrs used ) .

Then start the bic mapping designer tool and go to tools option there you can see a new option called Assign Projects to SDA, after that you can create a deploy file..This is new option provided by seeburger bic so that only project Admin can have rights of creating the deploy file.

If you still face any problems post the same..

HTH

Rajesh

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you, I did it with the solution that you told me and it worked!

Thanks to all the others as well for your great support!

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i deploy Mapping.

Where do i get active mappings folder.

Thanks,

Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh!! Could you help me please  I am trying to create a .sda file from my BICMD 1.8. I can not  see the option "Build / Assign SDA/SCA projects",  I already modified the file bic_mapping_designer.ini with this line CmdLnArg4=ProjectAdmin, but i can not see it any way.

wilbertkarremans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh;

I have updated the bic_mapping_designer.ini file with the parameter CmdLnArg4=-ProjectAdmin and the option Assign SDA/SCA projects is present in the build menu. I created a project User00. When I select the assign option, the dialog window like explained in the SAP_BICMD_config_en.PDF (See burger release 2.2.2 / BICMD 6.3.2) does not appear. Any idea what could be wrong? Also when I select Extra / Preferences, no window shows up.

Any help or suggestion is welcome.

Which java version is needed? Any advice on a working java version?

Wilbert

wilbertkarremans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again;

The answer is in thread scn.sap.com/thread/3642973. The version 6.3.2 BICMD does not run on windows 7, but must be started in compatibility mode windows 2000.

Wilbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Browse to the location*(Normanly user\bicmd\exchange subdirectory with is BIC installation directory)*

Then you can import into the your BIC mapping designer useing File and then Import the generatermapping project.

Regards.

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Gulipalli on Jul 22, 2009 11:56 AM

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh Gulipalli ,

In ...SEEBURGER_Mapping_Designer\user\bicmd\Exchange I have the following files:

Ansix12FrameSegments.dta

E2Afields.map

EdifactFrameSegments1.dta

EdifactFrameSegments2.dta

EdifactFrameSegments3.dta

EdifactFrameSegments4.dta

prj_GeneratorMappings.zip.bicmd

But I have imported mappings already from an older version of the Mapping Designer. Do I again have to import "prj_GeneratorMappings.zip.bicmd" to get the file "mappings_user.sca"?

Thank you for your help here and best regards,

Peter