cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexi device pick up

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is meant by flexi device pick up and where it is used?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Flexi-device pickup is a feature provided by DOE (Netweaver 711 SP02 onwards) along with the MDSD application.

In this scenario, data for a perticular user will be stored in the USER SPECIFIC storage instead of the device queue.

And during synchronization, depending on the sync user, only that user's data will be sent to the mobile client.

This feature has to be implemented by the application which has such business usecase. DOE has provided the EXITs to implement this functionality.

Let me know if you need more info about the same.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What u meant by 'DOE has provided the EXITs to implement this functionality.'? What are these EXITS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By EXITs i mean DOE has provided BADI Exits which can be implemented by the application developers.

These BADI EXITs are nothing but few set of APIs which DOE will invoke if Flexi Device Pickup is enabled.

The basis purpose of having the EXITs is the USER SPECIFIC storage is very specific for the application and DOE does not want to enforce any perticular mechanism of doing it. So application can decide the way in which this can be done and accordingly DOE will get the data from these BADI EXITs.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanath,

One more help.

Could you pls give me some good links to go through for flexi device pickup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Unfortunately there is no such doc which is published yet. There is one How-to-Guide for the same which is undergoing the review process internally in our team.

Once that doc gets published, i will update you with the link.

In the mean time, if you have any specific question about the implementation of flexi device pickup, do let me know.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can find the documentation regarding flexi devic pickup at the following location.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile711/helpdata/en/ed/b0c398dc8645c3b44175ec000d570c/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ramanath.