cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I skip result recording, defect recording on this scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question about what is the remidification way on the following problem.

I created a new material master using an inspection type 08 (i.e. stock transfer inspection), and the detail information of this inspection type setup for this material is the three of the following checkbox fields are ticked:

 Insp. with task list

 Automatic assignment

 Check Chars.

 100% inspection

Note: I donu2019t have task list create for this material in the system.

Next, I found 50 pcs are defect and I go ahead to create a quality notification and transfer this 50 pcs of UU stock to QI stock in order to inspect the material. As a result of this, the inspection lot of this inspection type is created. The inspection lot has the following status:

 CRTD u2013 Created,

 PREQ u2013 Plan/Specific Required

 CHCR u2013 Characteristic must be create

 DEF u2013 Defects were recorded

 SPRQ u2013 Quantity posting required.

After my guys inspected the goods, and come back with the result on the paper, can I straight away to perform usage decision without going through the process of result recording, and defect recording? Is it advisable to do it this way?

Further, do I have to close the quality notification?

Thanks

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

After my guys inspected the goods, and come back with the result on the paper, can I straight away to perform usage decision without going through the process of result recording, and defect recording? Is it advisable to do it this way?

Yes you can directly go to Usage Decision by skipping RR & DR.

As I told you erlier its completly depends on your business where they want everything in SAP .like most of the companies do not want to retain RR in SAP so they can directly go for UD instead of RR & DR.

Further, do I have to close the quality notification?

Notification are nothing but the flow of Information.so they are always created for taking Corrective action & prevetive action,finding out root cause etc.

As you have transfer this 50 pcs of UU stock to QI stock in order to inspect the material its better to close the notification.

Also your lot created is in  CRTD u2013 Created state means Either task list is not created in QP01 or attached in QA01.

In short UD can be taken directly without RR or DR & better to close the notification

Regards

sujit

Answers (0)