cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit - Change Request Management (ChaRM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company has been using the ChaRM functionality in Solution Manager for a time now, and one of the features is the retrofit function which according to SAP be able to retrofit all your changes done in the maintenance string to the project string. We have about 50 transports a week in out maintainance string which is moved all the wait to production, only 50 % of these changes is supported by the retrofit function as most of them does note use the BC set activcation.

At this point we cannot see the benefit of retrofit because we need to manually redo 50 % of our changes an cannot be sure whether your system landscapes are consisten.

We found it strange that not even SAP notes is supported by the retrofit function and needs to be manually processed.

Does anyone els have the same experience, and does someone know whether SAP has any plans to expand there list of objects supported by the retrofit function.

PS: We have been in close dialog with SAP and have applied all the SAP notes and done all the configuration to make sure the retrofit function runs optimal.

Edited by: Endre Rasmussen on Jul 22, 2009 9:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your information. Hope SAP will come with good solution next year.

regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got any updates from SAP regarding the retrofit functionality that was to be enhanced in 2010?

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Endre,

We have configured retrofit in our demo system for the purpose of presentations at customer sites. I also noticed after testing the system, a lot of workbench requests (like table changes) are not transported by retrofit. In contrast with workbench requests, customizing requests look ok for the time being. ABAP changes are transported but no BC set activitation is started?

Are you experiencing the same thing? Have you meanwhile found a solution for changes which cannot be transported by retrofit if not lets collaborate to find a solution. It is a powerfull functionality but needs to be working properly otherwise customer get trap in all kinds of manual procedures.

kind regards,

Ralph

PS: We have implemented the latest version of Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SP19.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing. The retrofit functionality is not goog enough for our use right now, becuase of the lack of object support. Therefor have we decided to go back to manually redo for now.

SAP has told me that a new upgrade is coming in 2010, which will make the retrofit tool to support more workbench and customizing content.