cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Cost Center in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eveyone,

We are working in SRM 4.0, classic scenario. I need to block certain cost centers during shopping. I have delimited those cost centers in PPOSA_BBP. Hence, now they are not valid in the org structure any more. But, while shopping the cost center is still visible & available.

Can anyone please tell me how can I block the cost centers, so that they are no available for shopping in SRM.

Also, I tried deleting the object assignment also, but that did not help either.

Also, kindly note that I cannot block those cost centers in R3, since we require them, incase if there is a need, then the PR can be raised from R3.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Bhakti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Go to T-code OOCU_RESP and you need to select the rule number...it might be customized. So chose that..for Example for Cost centre manager it might be 4000001.

Select the rule number and press enter, Here you will find the list of cost centre manager for your SRM system.

click on Overview and press Ctrl +F and type the use id of the user(manager). If he is maintained as as Cost centre manager.

Once you found an entry click on that which takes you to next screen where you will be able to see the list of cost centres he is responsible.

If you remove any cost centre from there So from next time if any user selects that particular CC since there is no CC approvers, enduser will not be able to see the approver.

This way you can remove the cost centre from a particular user.

Please let me know if you are still facing any issues.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thanks alot for your help . I have tried deleting the CNT assigment from the PPOSA_BBP. But, that has not solved the error.

The cost center is still available for shopping.

I think the cost center is coming from R3.

Also, the tcode OOCU_RESP, does not help, cause i cannot delete the approvers. I need to disable the cost center for certain period only.

Also, i tried to define the validity period, but that does not work either.

Kindly suggest some other method.

Regards,

Bhakti.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am closing the message. The blocked cost centers have been restricted for shopping using BADI's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option that you are suggesting is the attribute of the cost center. I have selected the excluded attribute already. But, still the cost center is visible.

Also, the delimit option can be done, using the "Schedule" option in the PPOSA_BBP. Its an icon at the top, next to delete.

Kindly suggest any other method, since neither are working.

Regards,

Bhakti

Edited by: bhakti joshi on Jul 22, 2009 5:47 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Exclude means only for that position only.

my suggestion remove CNT assignment values permanaently from SRM.

i could not follow delimit option.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide me details how can I remove the assigment.

Regards,

Bhakti.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti

go to ppoma_bbp t code

and identify where they have maintained CNT = 1234

you can remove 1234 value. It might have assigned to USER department / Group / or Organisation level.

if inherit flag checked means it inherits from the top. you need to identify from where it has assigned.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No we no dont always delete the cost centers. This is the first time we are doing so. The cost center can be deleted from the attribute, but still while shopping the cost centers are still visible.

I delimited the cost center using the delimit option in PPOSA_BBP.

If there is any other method available for the same, then kindly suggest.

Regards,

Bhakti.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

we do have EXCLUDED , DEFAULT, INHERITED ?

What is delimited.? if you do use in cost center for all dept user from SRM so you can delete the cost center attribute values.

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you delimit ?

does your business allows you to remove the unwanted cost centers from PPOMA_BBP since srm users should not use .

if allows to delete , we can delete from attribute.

br

muthu