cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a list of all services, processes and servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i'm totally new to this but i need a list of all services, processes and servers. Is there a easy way to get them?

I try to create a tool where you are able to virtually shutdown servers and then you can see what happends to the services and processes. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

btw - sorry for my english

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your help - in which forum will I most likely find help from a SAP BASIS person ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try following forum:

If your original question is answered then close this thread and opne new one in one of these forums.

Good luck!

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed answer!

Do you know a function or babi which i can call with a Java-Tool which displays me a list of the servers or a list of the babi's / functions - i found it in the gui but i want to call it from a remote java tool over JCo.

Thanks for you help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For list of server for particular SAP system use transaction SM51 (this is defined in profile parameter, so you can pcikup files),

I strongly advice you to discuss with SAP BASIS person and he will tell you exactly where these files are stored.

For Enterprise service you can use SAP Table: ICFDOCU using transaction SE16 and search for ICF_DOCU = Web Service

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm not sure if you all understand what i'm trying to do so i'll ty to explain it

first i'll try to explain how i understand SOA

- there are several servers on which the services run

- a service is only runnable if his server is active

- a process consists of several services

- if one of these services isn't runnable anymore the whole process isn't runnable too

- there are user who use one or more processes

- if one of the used processes is not able to run the user will be affected

the tool i'm trying to write should automatically import the descriped information (server-, service-, process- and userlists) from a given SAP-Systemand then you can switch virtually a server to see which services, processes and user would be affected.

This would be fine if you want to shut down a server for maintance work or something like that.

so i hope you understand my problem and you are able to help me

again i want to excuse for my english and my wimpy knowledge about the SOA Architecture of SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well if you need this information then you need to write plenty of code (ABAP, Shell scripts, Java etc).

All these details are NOT stored in any table which can be extracted directly (specially Business Process).

However to cater your requirement following options are provided by SAP:

- Use CCMS for monitoring servers.

- Use Solution Manager Business Process Monitoring to monitor business processes (search for RunSAP Business Process Monitoring).

- You can maintain Configuration Items (CIs) which will help you to create relationship b/w services/server/user/BP. Again this can be done using simple Excel with pivot table or you can design complicated tool for same.

- Detecting if service is alive or not difficult specially if these services are out of your landscape, so you need to write different codes to test services which I feel un-necessary and time consuming.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming that you are talking in term of SAP delivered services. To get list of those services you can goto your ERP system execute transaction SE85 and search for all service without giving any parameter, you will list of all services.

For list of all server you can contact BASIS/Admin person (recommended), alternatively you can execute transaction SMICM and goto->services which will display server/port running on that particular system.

Regards,

Gourav