cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

system details: ecc 5.0 unicode sap aba 16, basis 16,appl 11,hr 19+MSSQL 2000 with collation bin2 (SP4) and windows 2003.

I imported arabic with smlt and also imported support package text translation part.

If i logon with arabic having secondary and supplemental language in english the field texts are displayed in arabic but some text like column headings are coming in English. how to translate this to arabic.

secondly, the users want that if the user input the data throug in arabic, he should be displayed the transactional data (not field text) in arabic.(English or Arabic as selected by user).

How to do this, is there anything to do with mssql.

Thanks

Imran Hasware

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not all langauges are delivered with complete translations. It would be nice to have this but the sheer volume of translations required for each release of each product means that languages are only shipped as complete as possible (and more complete with each successive release). This is probably why you see a mix on arabic and English in some mySAP ERP screens. If there is no Arabic text, then the English text is shown. This the correct process for supplimentation.

To help with translation of SAP delivered texts that may not be complete or for translation of customer developments' texts, SAP delivers a translation tool (see SAP online help for transation SE63 - help.sap.com).

I hope this helps,

Mike.