cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB SERVICE SALES AND INVENTORY ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

could you tell me any one of you, as i am crating webservies through function modules for Sales and distrubution and Inventory Mangement, the thing is can any abody suggest me what are all the function modules in sales dsitribution can be exposed as web services .

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

thanks

regards

Edited by: Ahmed quadry on Jul 22, 2009 8:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

all FMs that are RFC enabled are bqsically exposable as webservices. if a FM is not RFC enabled, you just have have to write a remote enabled wrapper function module (one that does nothing else but call the non-RFC FM).

but, from a business process perspective it is most questionable if a random given FM resembles anything like a business object, semantically making enough sense to a yet unknown consumer using this "service".

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your valuable inputs, The thing is i just dont see the function modules pertaining to sales and distribution and inventory mangement can u send me the proper T.code to view those FMs to run the webservices.

waiting for yourvaluable response.

thanks

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge there is no "proper T-Code" to view all FMs belonging to SD. Moreover there are thousands of FMs belonging to dev packages for a certain area, e.g. SD.

there is no other way to approach this question experimentally. enter transaction SAP1, select SD, select your area of interest, say Shipping, choose any Report of interest, say Deliveries for transportation planning. put your cursor in any characteristic field, say Route, press F1, get the Help and click button Technical Information, double click e.g. the data element ROUTE, change to the Attributes tab and find the package VL. goto SE80, choose Package, enter VL, hit return and see all dev objects belonging to this package. open Function Groups and find a loooong list of function groups. Read the descriptions and open the one you are interested in, say Route schedule, V51B. open Function Modules and find a number of function modules. double click the one you are interested in, change to tab atributes and see if it's remote enabled (most often it isn't). Use the "where-Used"-functionality to maybe find further artefacts which might be useful, if you're lucky, you find a remote enabled FM that wraps this one.

but again, FMs are no Business Objects and no Service objects either.

well, nothing spectacular, usual ABAPer procedure I suppose.

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For list of all FMs related to SD you should search on SDN or ask someone who worked with ABAP in SD area or may be functional consultant. Transaction to view FM is SE37.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoton,

All the function modules are not remoltely enable, what is the alternative to expose web services. suggest with necessary confifuration.

thanks

regards

Edited by: Ahmed quadry on Jul 22, 2009 1:42 PM

Answers (0)