Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virsa Role Missing in SAP ECC System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How to get the Virsa (starting with VS*) roles in SAP ECC i.e back system?

we are trying to implement GRC AC 5.3 version.

Please help

Regards,

Kumar Rayudu

Edited by: Kumar Rayudu on Jul 22, 2009 11:42 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roles like VS_FI_AP_DISPLAY_MASTER that are included in the best practices

content are not mandatory to be uploaded into SAP R/3. These are not VIRSA roles.If you do not have them already in your R/3 system, then create new roles(may be with different Role names).

These Best practice roles are sample roles that can be customized according to requirements.

Harleen

GRC RIG

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Roles belongin to GRC or VIRSA application start from /VIRSA/*.

If you are not able to find the roles, make sure that you have activated the BC set corresponding to VIRSA in SCPR20.

regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Thanx for the reply,

I have these roles (starting with /VIRSA/*) but i want roles starting with VS:, VS_ ( not /VIRSA/*) which is used at transaction level for Eg: VS_FI_AP_DISPLAY_MASTER.

What i understand is these are the roles which are delivered with the best practises but there are similar standard roles in R/3 with the same authorizations like above example display AP master data which i can use to assign to the Users for doing transactions.

I think these roles (starting with VS:, VS_ ) are not mandatory to be uploaded into SAP R/3.

Regards,

Kumar Rayudu

0 Kudos

Hi Rayudu,

There are no roles of VIRSA which starts from VS. These roles may be for any different applications.

Regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos

Thanks All.

Regards,

Kumar Rayudu

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roles like VS_FI_AP_DISPLAY_MASTER that are included in the best practices

content are not mandatory to be uploaded into SAP R/3. These are not VIRSA roles.If you do not have them already in your R/3 system, then create new roles(may be with different Role names).

These Best practice roles are sample roles that can be customized according to requirements.

Harleen

GRC RIG

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

These are basically sample FI roles included in the best practice content.