cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp:access denied error 550.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are facing an issure regarding access to ftp.We are able to create and delete files in the receiver FTP location when we login with our ID but the same doesnt work through PI. we get the following error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Access is denied.: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Access is denied

can any way help us resolve this.we checked the folder permission and its fine as it allows to create and delete from the same location.Is something going wrong in configuring XI .

Best Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Are u able to ping the ftp site from your XI System (From Operating system) ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

the issue still exsits.. I coorditnated with basis and they gave full access to all users to all the folders that i was using.

Still i get error ..saying failed to archive, its strange ... actually the files are getting archived and placed in the target directory properly .

I am not able to make out why the error occurs.Is it a FTP problem or XI related.I checked the cache updation ..its all fine.

Santosh/All .. could you please let me know how to ping for Xi server. i dont have access ,but can ask smone to test. I Need some more details on how to do this test.

Please help , if similar problem is faced by anyone.

thanks a ton.

Edited by: Srinivas on Aug 3, 2009 12:38 PM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Have a look at this link:

http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WS-20000817-DM02.htm

The problem is definitely ur userid and folder permission (or some firewall). Got through the along with your basis personnel and it might help you.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe there is a proxy between your XI and the FTP target Server. If so you have to define it in XI. Another root cause might be a firewall between the two systems blocking communication in general or for FTP port. check this with your network guys.

Login on XI server and try to telnet (and tracert) the FTP server form there.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your replies, the problem is solved.

I contacted network guys, and got all the required permission set for the folder.

I tried creating the arvchive folder one level up to the folder from where i pick the file.

It is working fine now.

Regards,

Srinivas

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>.Is something going wrong in configuring XI .

did you try accessing FTP from XI server (not from your laptop) ?

if not try it and you will know what's wrong

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal,

i am tring to access the FTP link( IP) using the browser.

did you try accessing FTP from XI server (not from your laptop) ?

can you please let me know how to access FTP from XI server, i think i might not have required access to XI server.

Regards,

srini

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>i think i might not have required access to XI server.

than ask someone who does - the easiest resolution to this issue right ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michale / all,

ya its easy.. but right now i dont have or contact some on for quick check.Can you please suggest any possible reasons?

have you/anyone experienced the same issue earlier. I checked the forums also but the question was not answered.:(

regards,

Srini

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your PI system don't have permission to access that folder. Inform to your basis & network person so that they will grant access to PI server on folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the audit log .. I can see

-Connecting to FTP server "123.123.123.123"
-Write to FTP server "123.123.123.123" directory "/TEST/", -> file "abc.asc"
-Transfer: "TXT" mode, size 1 bytes, character encoding 8859_1
-Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Access is denied
-MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Access is denied.: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Access is denied.
-Exception caught by adapter framework: Access is denied.
-The message status set to WAIT.

i think connection is fine.But its not uploading the file.When i try created a folder in the same location , i can do the same.

My question is that if i can create and delete,then why PI is not posting the file even when i use the same user name and PW to connect.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Ask basis team to Check wheather the folder permission is correct.. I think, no permission for XI system user to access that. So, check the permission. If permission is there, give the full access rights to that XI userand check it.

Regards

Vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I also have the exact issue with an outbound interface. I am in the process of checking the system permissions,network connectivity and firewall issues for PI box.

But certainly there is one thing i would like to understand, even when we are using the given user name and password to access the ftp site what is the role of PI system user there, as the OP as written i can see in my audit log that it is able to establish the connection that means the connectivity is fine, now to write the file it uses the supplied the user name and password, which i have already cehcked for required permissions........

I couldn't understand the rationale behind checking the permissions for PI user on FTP site???

Could anyone be knid enough to explain the steps as how PI does the FTP using the supplied user name /password.

if I am able to resolve the issue, i would post the results soon.

Thks

Praveen