cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Selection Value in Text Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have <htmlb:inputField> to get input from user. i am also using 'onValueHelp' attribute which call a java script and provide help (Possible values) like in R/3 screen.but user can only put one value at a time.

Now i want to put multiple value in <htmlb:inputField> like in R/3, so we can give more then one value. is it possible? How can i do this? is there any alternative solution to do this.

i.e Filed CustomerNO should contain multiple user input values,

CustomerNo equals to ... 'X' ,'Y' , 'Z'

please reply Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out this weblog

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/01/13/custom-bsp-extensions-time-stamp-and-range-ui-elements

(not multiple values but provieds ranges)

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The solution provided in the linked weblog does do just a single range. At one point I tried what you described using a <htmlb:listBox> but I was never really happy with the results.

I did eventually implement full blown Select-Options with multiple values as part of the work on the Advanced BSP Programming Book.

I used a controller class as a Pattern Engine for the UI rendering and a model class designed for inheritance for the definition of the selection fields.

I had to write custom getter/setter methods to apply specific field masks over the generic model fields. The model class returns normal ABAP Range objects that are ready for inclusion in select statements.

However this is a rather complex solution to implement and needs RTTS functionality that only exists in 640 and higher.