cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Master forecast profile to selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got 6 material and two master profile whuch used different strategy say 56 and 11.

What I want to do is mat1,mat2 and mat3 to profile 1 and other material to profile 2.

I went to t-code /sapapo/msdp_fcst2 .Then I went to selection management and gave all 3 sku under product and assigned that selection to profile 1.similarly I did for remaining material.

But when I went to sdp94 and queried my material A system is not picking up the profile assigned.

When I checked I found that since I enetered all 3 material under one selection system is not picking the profile.If you enter one by one under different selection Id then it will pick the profile.

Is this the standard functionality or is there any other method avaiilable.

Thanks and Regards

Raghavendra Pai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra Pai

The issue you have is that you assign a profile at an aggregate level (for 3 products) and try to run the forecast at a more detail level.

By default the system look only for the exact selection.

However when you assign your selection you can use the flag "All Related Selections" or "also similar selection", which is just after the "display column".

Then the system should pick up the model in interactive:

"If you set this indicator, the system uses this profile assignment for all subordinate selections. For example, if the selection is PRODUCT = P1, the profile is also used for PRODUCT =P1, LOCATION = 0001. You can however specify more detailled assignments to other profiles without invalidating the more generic assignment."

Note also that model 56 is a bit "special".You can use it to create assignment in background.

/SAPAPO/MC8T - Define Activities for Mass Processing

Select a profile with 56 + flag the "generate profile and assign it"

Finally the other solution is to assign profile in interactive: select your product, run the forecast interactively and save: a assignment has been created.

in addition have a look at the different user parameter: /sapapo/fcst_guids, /sapapo/prfl_notsav, /sapapo/fcst_green, /sapapo/fcst3

I hope it helps,

Julien

Answers (0)