cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can WM be activated for a single storage location?

former_member666941
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have a question on warehouse management.

Company A is running SAP (4.7 EN), and will be purchasing Company B (not running SAP yet).

When this happens, the storage locations currently under company B will be defined under the plant (only 1) for Company A.

Company A is currently not running warehouse management.

In the merger process, it was determined that a single storage location under Company B needs Warehouse Management.

In my new scenario, I anticipate having a single plant, with one storage location active with WM and another storage location not active.

Is this possible? It appears it is since warehouse code is linked to SL, but I have never done WM which is why I am asking.

Also, is it possible to activate WM for a storage location already in use? I assume that inventory will need to be first cleared out before its done, but again I have never worked with WM so I am seeking opinions

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Hanarin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope your requirement can be done since we activate WM @ SL level.

Create a Warehouse number & assign the same to your plant, SL for which you want to activate the same.

Regarding your 2nd query, yes WM can be activated for an already active SL. As you mentioned we have to clear the inventory first from the active SL i.e to create another temporary SL & transfer post the Stock from active to temp SL. Now activate the WM in your active SL & re-transfer the Stock from temp SL to active. This time as per the WM config done system will create WM documents such as TR (Transfer requirement) which you have to convert into a TO (Transfer Order) inorder to place the stock into respective bin (manually or Automatically).

Hope its clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member666941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP FC,

Thanks for your confirmation on this. It helps alot to get confirmation from an expert. I will check it out!!!

Regards

Hanarin

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I support the answers mentioned by our expert.

Regards,

Prashant