cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on Proxy to File SCenario in PI 7.1 Version and I need to convert the Proxy Data which Xml data into Text File Format, I have pre defined data elements in three segments, Each segment will have the 256 Data elements with the different length and format

I receive the data for Mandotory fields and may not receive the data for the Optional fields, I have defined Fixed Field Lengths and Fixed Field names in the File Content conversion in the Receiver CC (File Adapter) and I am receiving the following error

while content conversion and I have defined the correct field names and Field lenths in FCC

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "178.28.70.122:21": java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value '00000000100002192' too long (>8 for 58. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

How can I resolve the above error Please let me know

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

See the value coming in the field : 00000000100002192

excluding the initial zeroes...its a nine digit no.."100002192"..kindly make the necessary changes in fcc parameter and process again..

else truncate the field to 8 digits at mapping level..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

See the value coming in the field : 00000000100002192

excluding the initial zeroes...its a nine digit no.."100002192"..kindly make the necessary changes in fcc parameter and process again..

else truncate the field to 8 digits at mapping level..

Regards,

Edited by: Santosh Rawat on Jul 22, 2009 6:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

It seems like around column no. 58 you defined length as 8. But you are sending more than 8. So please check that.

Regards,

---Satish