cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impact after change the Rep type (DTR) from 3 Landscape to 4 Landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

Currently my cms track is from DEV(Development) - QAS(Test) - PD1(Production) but now since my company decide to install another Production Server (PD2), i'm planning to change the track to DEV(Development) - QAS(Consolidation) - PD2(Test) - PD1(Production)

my question is what is the impact after i change the Repository type (DTR) from 3 Landscape to 4 Landscape? is it i do the correct way?

Best Regards

Hariyono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is what is the impact after i change the Repository type (DTR) from 3 Landscape to 4 Landscape?

--> usually happens in a hour teir lndscapoe with a Pre-production system...

is it i do the correct way?

--> yes, i don't see any issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

"usually happens in a hour teir lndscapoe with a Pre-production system..." -> sorry what is this mean?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Hariyano !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

after i change the cms to 4 landscape, the transport changes doesn't effect the server in consolidation, it only effect the two production system, is it because i don't have the devinf/main in consolidation server / because i enable the "Disable automatic deplyment" option in cms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

i will do a test and get back to you after the solution is working, thanks for the great answer.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey

Adding to Santhosh

>is it i do the correct way?

You can go ahead.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Agasthuri,

after i change the cms to 4 landscape, the transport changes doesn't effect the server in consolidation, it only effect the two production system, is it because i don't have the devinf/main in consolidation server / because i enable the "Disable automatic deplyment" option in cms?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

> is it because i don't have the devinf/main in consolidation server

Might be.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hariyano,

Read it as : Sometimes companies goes for 4 tier architecture, so No Issue at all

Dev->QA->PreProduction->Production

Depending upon the architecture...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

so it means that after i change the QAS from "test track" to "consolidation track" the transport step will skip the deploy step for QAS system, and it will still fine rite?