cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM add to buffer error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My system is ECC 6 IDES, system ID is IDS. When install the system, the installer create a user SAPServiceIDS to run the service "SAPIDS_00" and another user "idsadm".

Now I have a problem: If use the user SAPServiceIDS to start the service "SAPIDS_00", when I use spam to import a support package, it raise the errror "ADD TO BUFFER". If user "idsadm" to start the service "SAPIDS_00", spam run correctly.

I've tried to use SAPServiceIDS to login the system and "tp addbuffer" manually, no error reported, and run "R3trans -d " also no errors.

How can I fix this problem, can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If iam not wrong you are logged in to 000 client with copy of DDIC user right?

check r there any entries in Driver:/usr/sap/trans/bin ? is you TMS configured properly,check the permission of folder /usr/sap/trans

What is the support package you are importing ? did you uncar the package at /usr/sap/trans so that files will be placed at EPS/in

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

If iam not wrong you are logged in to 000 client with copy of DDIC user right?

Yes.

check r there any entries in Driver:/usr/sap/trans/bin ? is you TMS configured properly,check the permission of folder /usr/sap/trans

TMS configure is correct, I mentioned if use user IDSADM to start the service "SAPIDS_00", it is all worked.

What is the support package you are importing ? did you uncar the package at /usr/sap/trans so that files will be placed at EPS/in

Importing any support package will encounter this error. Yes, the CAR files are uncar.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem not resolved .Mark as answered.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Woody

Login to OS, right click on the usr/sap folder. Click on "Properties", and then "Sharing" tab. Check if both the share name (saploc and sapmnt ) is there.

Then for each share name check the "Permission" tab and see which user/groups have the permission on those share names.

You can explicitly add your SAPServiceIDS user name there and then change the owner of the SAPIDS_00 to SAPServiceIDS.

Restart the Server and then try to import support package.

Best of Luck.

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anindya,

Login to OS, right click on the usr/sap folder. Click on "Properties", and then "Sharing" tab. Check if both the share name (saploc and sapmnt ) is there.

Then for each share name check the "Permission" tab and see which user/groups have the permission on those share names.

You can explicitly add your SAPServiceIDS user name there and then change the owner of the SAPIDS_00 to SAPServiceIDS.

I've checked the permissions of the "Sharing" tab. It all seems right, but the error still exist.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Woody

you have already replied that SAPServiceSID is a member of Local admin group. Could you please confirm that the following group has SAPServiceSID as a member.

SAP_SID_LocalAdmin

SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin

Can you run RSTPTEST report and check if you are getting eny error.

One more thing., after changing user for a service did you bounce the server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anindya,

you have already replied that SAPServiceSID is a member of Local admin group. Could you please confirm that the following group has SAPServiceSID as a member.

SAP_SID_LocalAdmin

SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin

I've checked the user, the user SAPServiceIDS is a member of SAP_IDS_LocalAdmin and SAP_IDS_GlobalAdmin.

Can you run RSTPTEST report and check if you are getting eny error.

In se38 run RSTPTEST, there is no error reported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A workaround...

rename the buffer file /usr/sap/trans/buffer/SID

tp addtobuffer <Patch> <SID> pf=c:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

rerun the patch..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/3d/ad5b744ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

-gokul

Edited by: Gokul Chitode on Jul 29, 2009 12:44 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just make sure SAPService<sid> has localadmin rights... All this information is available on the pre-installation steps of the installation guide.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just make sure SAPService<sid> has localadmin rights... All this information is available on the pre-installation steps of the installation guide.

The user SAPServiceIDS already have the SAP_LOCALADMIN rights .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify if the SAPserviceIDS user have Read/ Write autorisation on usr/sap/trans directory (generaly a shared directory)

If yes, please compare windows autorisation and path of SapServiceIDS and Idsadm.

Good luck,

Gilles SEBBAG

Sap technical consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please verify if the SAPserviceIDS user have Read/ Write autorisation on usr/sap/trans directory (generaly a shared directory)

Yes, the SAPServiceIDS user have Read/Write permission on directory usr/sap/trans .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then,

Start the SAPIDS_00 service with user SAPSERVICEIDS and in STMS transaction > Import Overview >check Transport tool and verify if there is error.

Regards,

Gilles SEBBAG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilles ,

Start the SAPIDS_00 service with user SAPSERVICEIDS and in STMS transaction > Import Overview >check Transport tool and verify if there is error.

I've checked the Transport tool ,no error reported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

we should not update SPAM in SAP* or ddic user,

Give the fully permission for car files in OS level.

Dilip Pasila

Edited by: DILIP PASILA on Jul 22, 2009 6:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not using user sap* or ddic to import support package , but use a user which copy from ddic's permission.

BTW: My system is Windows server 2003 SP2.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you put the detail log of the error?

Regards,

Debasis.