cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EAN128 -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi The requirement is to have the Vendor code embedded in the 18 digit SSCC code generated while doing the Hundling Unit Management.

The config has been done and we get the 18 digit code with the correct check digit too - however, we are unable to figure a way for embedding the vendor code

example:

Currentlt the code is getting generated as:

we need to embed a code - 23456 in between - resulting in :

Any assistance will be appreciated on this.

cheers

nandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to embed any code with SSCC code. You need to add in the ILN basis number along with your number range.

The international location numbers (ILN) are issued by the national subsidiaries of EAN International .It contains 13 digits. The base number is the first seven numbers of ILN type 2 which acts as a basis for issuing the SSCC and material EAN usage.

This number is configured with plant storage location level wise. I think you know the IMg path.

HU>External Identification> SSCC generationac to EAN-128>Maintain SSCC generationfor each plant and storage location

You can also configure with ref to pkg material type

We in our project use SSCC code with ILN base number with number range like example: 0078737 000022549. In that "78737" is the ILN number or UCC code in USA and the number range to generate SSCC code.

hope this may use. I hope this is the only way to use SSCC code with ILN number embedded.

thanks..

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi reddy

Thnaks for the info - we too figured this out - but the issue now is:

when there are multiple Vendors, how do we handle as each reuire their own Code to be embedded.

regards

Nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope in standard SAP we may not have SSCC code based on vendor/customer. It is based on plant/Sloc. with Pkg mat group

May be we can have multiple ILN numbers can be maintain based on sequence numbers. Some how this should trigger when we pack with suitable PKg material of that vendor. This should be a development work.

In general we use to generate SSCC code when we ship goods( outbound) rather than we receive goods( inbound).

The international location numbers (ILN) are issued by the national subsidiaries of EAN International . Every company should have a number when they are manufacturing and selling. I have not come across SSCC generation at goods receive stage based on vendor wise. May be at custom packing time we need to develop a logic to bring the vendor based IL number in the SSCC code.

thanks.

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with external number range

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto SPRO-IMG-Logistics - General-Handling Unit Management-SSCC Generation Acc. to EAN128-Maintain SSCC Generation for Each Plant / Storage Location,

Give 100023456000 against your Plant & Sloc.

Nagesh