cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LiveCycle Data Services ES to invoke ABAP function modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been doing a little research and here's my scenario:

I want to build a flex application which will invoke an ABAP function module (RFC) for data retrieval.

The only thing I can think to make this possible is to write a Java class which will use JCo for the invocation. This Java class then has to be consumed by the LiveCycle Data Services which will then use AMF (ActionScript Message Format) to pass the data into the flex application.

Has anyone done anything similar or offer any advice?

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed. Sucessfully integrated BlazeDS into the NetWeaver AS, and Flex apps into portal without CE 7.1 or flash islands.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathers,

Could you please let me know as to how you integrated Adobe Livecycle Data services to use your Java classes with Flex applications in Netweaver AS 7.0? If you have any documentation then could you please share the url?

Thanks and Regards,

Shibendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

A lot of this stuff I've already read. I should've mentioned that I'm not in a CE environment. I'm still in EP 7.0 using NWDS 7.0.18, so I can't really do any of the flash islands stuff.

The other thing is, we don't want to use web services as it doesn't give good performance on data retrieval, especially when we go into 500+ records.

So, bottom line, we have to somehow invoke ABAP rfc, and map the IMPORT/EXPORT parameters into the flex actionscript data.

I've heard it can be done using Adobe LiveCycle DS. But I think I will need an additional middle layer (Java program) to act as a translator between ABAP and FLEX.

M