cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP & PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

GATP Gurus,

Do I lose functionalities on APO GATP using without PP/DS?

If yes, which ones?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bruno,

for the following functionalities on APO GATP is PP/DS required:

- Capable-to-Promise (CTP)

- Multilevel ATP check

In the active planning version 000 in Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS), you can execute an ATP check for the following orders:

- In-house production orders

For an in-house production order (planned order or manufacturing order) the system checks the quantities in which the order components planned in SAP APO are available. Using the component quantities confirmed on the requirements dates, the ATP check can execute a correlation calculation to derive a confirmed quantity for each order product. This is the quantity of the order product that the order can actually make available, based on the availability of the components on the order availability date. You can only execute an ATP check for an in-house production order if the order is not yet released.

- Stock transport requisitions

In the case of a stock transport requisition, the system checks for each order item the quantity in which the product to be transferred, which is planned in SAP APO, can be confirmed at the source location.

Please check it here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tibor,

Just let me know if I understood you, ok?

So, loosing the functionalities (CTP & Multilevel) I canu2019t check the availability product in other locations. Am I right? Or what Iu2019m saying is completely wrong? What else I loose?

What are multilevel functionalities?

Inserting another point on this thread, why is so difficult to find GATP cases on the market? Itu2019s an unreal world that SAP thinks that works?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruno,

You can perform a standard Sales 'product check' (product check is very similar to the standard R/3 ATP check) in multiple locations, without PP/DS, by using RBA. As Tibor said, you only lose CTP and multilevel, as well as prdord/plnford ATPs.

Mulilevel funtionalities involve being able to look all the way down through the BOMs, checking availability, and then confirming the FERT requirement based on availability of all components.

I don't understand your last comment. What 'cases' are you looking for? SAP has docs of success stories on their various web sites. For a start, go to service.sap.com/support, in the search box enter 'GATP'. ASUG and other user groups also have docs.

SAP also maintains a ton of support docs (although I will admit that it is sometimes a challenge to find them) about GATP.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

I said that because Iu2019ve been trying to find GATP cases in Latin America, but Iu2019m not gettingu2026 I talked to SAP, but i'm still waiting the answer.

If you have documents, please send. Iu2019ll appreciate.

About the explanation, I understood.

Thanks in advance.

Bruno