cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIX script

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the below metioned blog : if the script eecutes ,it picks files and dumps them into a folder using sftp but as far as configs in XI goes what all we need?

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/12/11/sftp-with-pi-the-openssh-way

1) Only sender comm channel ?

2) In sender channel in source what should we say ? since script itself picks the file and sends via sftp and dumps into folder.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1) Only sender comm channel ?

Yes

> 2) In sender channel in source what should we say ? since script itself picks the file and sends via sftp and dumps into folder.

Just create one empty folder and dont put any files in it. Then give this folder and in the filename give any name, because that file will not there. So lets say if your timeinterval is 300 it means 5 minutes, it picks looking at it. When it looks you dont have the file, but your script will run.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Script needs to be in same path where dummy folder is created ? or its not neccessary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to create a new one so that you dont confuse and the production support personnel dont confuse.

@aamir:

In this case,script will execute but if there is no receiver side configuration,you will get No Receiver error in sxmb_moni.

We will not come to moni also, because there is no input file at any cost. Just sender communication channel will poll for the time interval.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>We will not come to moni also, because there is no input file at any cost

Then i dont see the point of using XI at all.

if we pick files from one direcoyr of FTP/NFS and dump it in another directory then it should be done by windows/Unix script rather than XI,specially when we know that XI wont track any errors from script.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically point of using XI is to schedule the script, in polling interval. XI is the middleware to be used and as a job scheduler also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>XI is the middleware to be used and as a job scheduler also

Since XI is not transferring any messages in this case,how can it be used as middleware?

Also work of job scheduler is to monitor scripts.XI does not monitor any scripts and does not care if it fails or succeed(won't show any error in RWB for failed scripts).I am pretty sure you eventually want to know whether script succeeded or failed.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

so how can i get to know script failed or succeded/? without talking about creating a SFTP adapter.

basically through XI/Scripts ? how can we know script failed or passed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>basically through XI/Scripts ? how can we know script failed or passed?

You simply can not:)

One work around which we did for this was to make the script write processing log in a separate folder,then one communication channel reads this log and if the status is failed,it triggered an e-mail.

If you just want to execute script at certain interval,use Unix script scheduler instead of XI.

if you want to transfer files,then you can use XI.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

if suppose i put some dummy file in channel and configure receiver side. i will see message in moni but what about script?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in comm channel in audit log ? it will not show about script?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> it will not show about script?

That's what i am saying my friend:)

In communication channel log,it wont show any error for failed scripts.

This is one of the reason(in addition to execution server) that I rarely schedule scripts via XI.

And if i do,i make sure i have ways to monitor the execution of script.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am able to eecute this script via UNIX box but cannot do via XI.

I followed the blog and created a comm channel but i needed a sender agreement also . I had to give a dummy file name in comm channel. so its polling and i see in RWB that it is functioning properly.

1) so problem is in the command line i gave on XI?

2) The folders where script is and source files r there need to have some connectivity with SAP?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only run on the xi box or any shared folder which are NFS mounted. Its a limitation.

Please make sure you write a log file from the script only whether they are executed correct or not.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) How do i know that particular drive is NFS mounted?

2) Script only needs to be exectued on a drive which is NFS mounted but it can place in any folder on the host which is not NFS mounted even?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1) How do i know that particular drive is NFS mounted?

Check with your basis guys or if it is mounted then you can see the folder in AL11 transaction of ABAP stack provided the basis guys have hooked it. Else to confirm write a simple xml file and name the folder as
<directory>. If you dont get errors then it is mounted.

> 2) Script only needs to be exectued on a drive which is NFS mounted but it can place in any folder on the host which is not NFS mounted even?

We can execute Script only when it is NFS mounted and let it be on any drive. If it is not NFS mounted then we cannot execute because we have to do FTP.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) So suppose the drive is NFS mounted and we see it on AL11 then it should execute using same command line as it runs on unix with fully qualified paths from XI also ?

2) I am doing opposite of the blog through script :by pusing files instead of pulling files, but is it fine if i give from sender channel to run this script (After messager proccessing or before message processing)/?

Edited by: as2learner on Jul 24, 2009 5:20 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi as2learner,

1) so problem is in the command line i gave on XI?

--> NO

2) The folders where script is and source files r there need to have some connectivity with SAP?

--> needs to be in the same server or with NFS connectivity, a limitation though. ;-(..

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1) Only sender comm channel ?

Receiver side configurations is mandatory in all XI interfaces(even if they are not doing anyting).

In your case,script will execute but if there is no receiver side configuration,you will get No Receiver error in sxmb_moni.

>>In sender channel in source what should we say ?

You can give command in sender channel to execute script,but you need to do configuration for receiver too,it could be a dummy one.

>>or its not neccessary?

Not necessary

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 21, 2009 12:59 PM