Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdyn Pro Calling from Internet

prabhu_rengaraju4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are trying to call Webdyn pro from internet .Our client using Microsoft sharepoint .Microsoft sharepoint Will call ESS portal and ESS will call Webdynpro via Iview .

Can you guys help me what are all the setting we need to do call Webdynpro from microsoft share point.

Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For integrating Mircosoft Sharepoint with the Web Dynpro :

1. Open the Folder or location in the Share Point where you want to put the link to your Webdynpro Applications.

2. Go to the Site Actions dropdown and choose Create.

3. Choose the Web Part Page from Web Pages Sections.

4. Choose the Name, Layout and Save Location and click Create button.

5. Click on Add a Web Part.

6. One pop-upu2019ll come out where we have to choose Page Viewer Web Part radio button and click on Add.

7. Click on the open the tool pane link for set the URL.

8. In the right hand side of the page we have to specify the link of the WD Application. And Apply and OK.

9. Then the WD Application page is coming on Page Viewer Web Part section.

10. Then you can go to the specific folder where you can find the link the application. Now you can play with your application but according to the functionality.

11. Click on the link and you can see the UI screen of the WD Application.

Hope this will surely help you!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Raval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

Good explanation, Did you tried the same for ESS applications which are of webdynpro Java applications. In the step 8 as you told we need to specify the the url of iview of the webdynpro aplication. I tried the url of webdynpro application by getting the url form iview preview, but the page viewer webpart is not displaying its going to infinite loop of refreshing .means its not showing anything.Can you give some more explanation how you acheived this successfully.

Thanks,

pkv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

This is a disadvantage of ABAP Webdynpro. You need to expose the ECC which contains the Webdynpro on the internet. The same ECC might be containing sensitive master data also (like HR master data).

The best way is to develop using Webdynpro Java.

max pts pl.

Regards

Srini

Edited by: Sinivasan Rajamani on Aug 9, 2009 4:54 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Prabhu,

>

> This is a disadvantage of ABAP Webdynpro. You need to expose the ECC which contains the Webdynpro on the internet. The same ECC might be containing sensitive master data also (like HR master data).

>

> The best way is to develop using Webdynpro Java.

>

> max pts pl.

>

> Regards

> Srini

>

> Edited by: Sinivasan Rajamani on Aug 9, 2009 4:54 PM

I disagree. For one you should be able to secure down access even with WDA used directly on the backend ECC system. We would recommend creating a virtual host and only this virtual host would be exposed outside the firewall. You only expose a limited number of SICF services through this external virutal host.

However if you want complete separation as you would be forced to do with WDJ, you can do the exact same thing with WDA. You can build a standalone AS-ABAP, just like you would have a standalone AS-JAVA. You can develop Web Dynpro ABAP applications on this standalone AS-ABAP that access the backend ECC system via RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your explanation. We are in the process of implementing Objective setting and Appraisal (OSA) using the WDAs on EA HR 6.0 SP33. Here we find that the WDAs are tightly coupled with the ECC using ABAP class and methods. Our client wants this to be exposed on internet. I have two questions

1. What is the best practice to expose OSA WDAs on the internet.

2. Earlier, when we were planning for e-recruitment we saw that there is a separate front end component which can be installed on a standalone ABAP stack. Is there any specific reason why this was not done for OSA.

Regards

Srini

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>2. Earlier, when we were planning for e-recruitment we saw that there is a separate front end component which can be installed on a standalone ABAP stack. Is there any specific reason why this was not done for OSA.

I really can't answer why a particular application did or didn't take a certain architectural approach. I can only provide general guidelines that come from the NetWeaver group. For anything application specific you would need to speak with reprsentatives of that application.

Without being able to setup part of the application on a separate server instance, then you will have to follow the guidelines for securing your ECC system directly.

I would start by reading this guideline document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/69eb40e8a607d6e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

In particular, focus on the links to documentation on the Web Dispatcher.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/6a82a684f4350ce10000000a42189d/content.htm

Besides being a reverse proxy, the Web Dispatcher can allow for selective access to only a few service nodes through the dispatcher.

There are also additional security guides available at http://service.sap.com/security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas that really helps.

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

Finally are you able to solve calling the ess overview page in MOSS? I tried to call the ESS overview page from page viewer webpart it displays with all links of ESS like the Areas (in other words it displays ESS homepage). ESS applications are java webdynpro based.Now normally on clicking any link from overview page it opens the subareas like working time or personal information in SAP portal. But if i click on any link on the overview page displayed as moss webpart, its opening in the new window the subarea and the new window has all the look and feel of sap portal but not the look and feel of MOSS i.e it just call the url of that paritcular link in SAP portal which is displaying in new window just like a SAP portal page.So how to avoid opening theclick link in the ess overview page diaplayed in webpart in new window. Can you please provide the solution if you solved this problem.

Thanks,

pkv.

Edited by: pkv on Aug 24, 2009 4:45 PM

Edited by: pkv on Aug 24, 2009 11:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos