Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pupose of BW 3.5 Saparate server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Now i am working with BW 3.5 server. My R/3 ECC 5.0

containes the built in BW. Why i need to choose the separate BW 3.5 Server. Is there any specialization to req a separate server or Is it support other than ECC 5.0.

Regards,

Rams.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rams

There are many reasons to install BW in separate server

some of them are

SAP system mainly meant for to do transactions if we keep over the years of Data in R/3 system the performance will go down. So we will maintain Data separately in BW system and make R/3 system only for transactions.

It is same in case of reporting if we start building reports in R/3 system most of the system resources will go only for reporting and speed of transactions will go down and it effects the performance.

and other main reason is R/3 system stores transaction Data and BW stores analytical Data.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sat & Ranganadh,

Thankx ur mess, But for cost side it is more to spend for different servers. without taken the new server, can i increase my hard-disk only to reduce the costness. plz help me if i am wrong....

A waiting ur reply...............

Regards,

rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rams

That's not a good idea. Even though you are inccuring some initial cost, it's nothing for the benifits you are receiving of having separate server.It's always recomanded to have separate server for BW.

First of all I don't think we can install both the systems in one server may be it is possible in the new version of SAP which is ECC5.0

Thnaks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sat,

The BW and some other components are available in ECC 5.0. so what is the purpose to going for separate BW 3.5 server.

regards,

Rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rams

Please check this thread and some of the SAP folks answered clearly

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

I have learned from one of the online workshop even though you can install as many applications as you like in one single server. It is always recommended to use different servers for BW because of the amount of the data we will be dealing with. Over the years large amounts of data that will be loaded into the server will reduce the overall performance of system.

Hope that will clear you doubt

Ranganath