cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLB Partial Pallet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please could you explain me how to get in my TLB results a partial PAL quantity for example 0,5 PAL instead of 1 PAL.

Let's say I have a Deplyed order of 100 CA

1 PAL = 200 CA

TLB will create an order of 100 CA = 1 PAL whereas it should show 0,5 PAL

How to solve this problem...

Thank you for your answer,

Best Rgds

EL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

Sorry for late answer

I think note 847955 should help you.

Basically the floorspot will always be rounded, and should stay like that because of the way the TLB work.

however you can add the "pallet quantity" field into the customizing and the TLB profile to allow you to disaply the real non rounded quantity.

Please note that this for display ONLY: you do not want to want the way the TLB work, but just improve the disaply.

Hence do not put any restrictions on this new parameter on the TLB profile...

As mention on top of the TLb profile:

SPRO>

Advanced Planning and Optimization

Supply Chain Planning

Supply Network Planning (SNP)

Basic Settings

Change Display of Parameters in Interactive TLB

Here add the parameter PALLETS.

(set the flag identical to FLOORSPOTS, you can also remove the floorsptos from display)

If you need moree help, let me know!

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I will have a look and hopefully will get better "results" like this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ester,

Did the change resolve your issue with Partial Pallets. I am having a similar issue as well in SCM 7.0 trying to

move to the new version of the TLB.

Thanks,

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Unfortunately it didn't answer the requirement to see fraction of PAL. Having followed the instruction on note 847955, TLB could display only the TLB shipment total quantity of product under the parameter PALLETS; It did not show the PAL number

Best regards

EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

I am not sure to understand... Could you explain exactly what you did?

As I mentioned I did implement this note and manage to get the PAL number...

What do you mean exactly by "TLB shipment total quantity of product". In which unit is it displayed?

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did follow your instruction and the information provided by the above mentioned oss note.

Then in my TLB interactive screen, on the upper part of the screen named TLB shipment, for one given APO-0001 order, the PALLET parameter is displayed (I didnt put any limit in the TLB profile as you mentioned) however the quantity shown in PALLET TOTAL QTY is exactely equal to the confirmed quantity of the item (2000 PCE) instead of showing Pallet quantity.

The Unit of Measure of the PALLETS is blank.

Maybe I missed a step but i do not get any better result

I created the parameter PALLETS in /SAPAPO/TLBPARAM

I read in note 710198

that For each new parameter, you must define a corresponding calculation of the parameter value depending on a TLB transport in method PRODUCT_INTO_PARAMETER of BADI /SCA/TLB/EXT.

I skiped this step since I am not allowed to use Badi, Is it a mandatory step?

Thank you again for your help

EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

No you do not need the Badi. The badi is used only if you want to change the TLB behaviour.

So the Pallet total quantity is shown as 2000? In PCE?

How many Pallet should it be in your cases?

Something should be missing but I am not sure what.

Could you please check:

1. SPRO - Maintain Global SNP Settings : TLB: Pallet Loading should be product mix

2. Product master: is the conversion PCS->PAL maintained?

3. Lot size (TL or Product master) do you have any roudning value?

4. SPRO - Change Display of Parameters in Interactive TLB - have you flag the "display unit"

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

So the Pallet total quantity is shown as 2000? In PCE? => Yes

How many Pallet should it be in your cases? => in should be around 28PAL

1. SPRO - Maintain Global SNP Settings : TLB: Pallet Loading should be product mix => Yes it is product mix

2. Product master: is the conversion PCS->PAL maintained? => Yes it is maintained

3. Lot size (TL or Product master) do you have any roudning value? => Yes I have 10 PCE as rounding value in product master

4. SPRO - Change Display of Parameters in Interactive TLB - have you flag the "display unit" => Yes I tried both flagged and unflaged

The Pallet total quantity displays 1000, the PAL % Utilization is 0 whereas the floorspots % utilization is 58% and the floorspots total quantity is 14 PAL

I really can not find out what is missing to get your results

Best regards

EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

One more check, hopfully the right one:

Please check you maintain the VOLUME (tab properties in the product master)

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes the volume was maintained in product master unfortunately it didn't come from this

Thank you very much anyway

EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

Sorry I am out of Idea...

It is quite hard without seeing the issue myself

Ratnam, did you try to see if it was working for you?

If yes, let us know.

EL, I suggest an OSS, mentionning the note you are trying to implement.

They will have access to your system and should be able to help.

Regards

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julien / El

I have tried as outlined in the OSS note 847955 yesterday and also added the parameter "Pallets" to my to TLB profile without

specifying the threshold values and with just the UoM for "Pallets".

I could see now both the Floorspots and the Pallets are displayed in Fractions. I think even without adding the parameter to the

TLB profile also it should work. Not sure though.

But I am facing another issue with the Pull-in Horizon. It seems that the Pull-in Horizon is not being considered when running

the TLB interactively. I haven't tried a background job yet. Julien and EL any ideas why TLB is ignoring the Pull-in Horizon.

I am on SCM 7.0, testing the conversion to new TLB from the older version. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnam,

Strange, floorspot should never be in fraction with new TLB... which APO version are you using?

Or do you have a badi implemented?

Regarding the pull-in issue, I suggest you open a new message for better visibility. You will get better answer with a header adapted to your question.

Please also describe a bit more your issue (TLB settings, planning book horizon, input orders, result, expected result...)

For sure, pull in is supposed to work both in interactive and background

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julien,

I was wondering why the floorspot is showing in fractions as well. You're right, we have implemented a BAdi that

selectively changes the UoM for some of the products. Hence I was seeing the fractions on those particular products that

I was looking at.

The parameter "Pallets" should be in the TLB profile. I will open a separate thread for the pull-in horizon.

Thanks,

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

Just another thought:I told you not to maintain limit for the pallets parameter in the TLB profile... but you still need to set up the UOM... did you?

regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi El,

If your shipment quantities need to be in full pallets, try keeping the lot size unit of measure as Pallets and use rounding value of 1 of both source and target locations for your product.

If your base UOM is IT the planning book will show the quantities in IT but rounded off to pallets.

In your TLB profile have the TLB UOM as Pallets and the system will calculate the number of pallets for you,

However if you want to see partial cases or pallets, then keep the lot size UOM empty it will pick up the base UOM, but maintain the TLB UOM as Case or Pallets. This will let you ship in partial pallets. In APO 4.0 there is a display attributes at the top pf the TLB grid. When you select Transportation Lane alerts and save it, it will give you a popup saying that you are shipping in partial pallets or cases. It definitely works for cases it should work for pallets too in 5.0

Regards,

Deepanjan

Edited by: Deepanjan Ghosh on Sep 23, 2009 3:50 AM