Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing Help content in NWDS SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed NWDS SP14.

When I click Help->HelpContents link, a Network access message occurs.

On contacting my local network administrator, he felt that the link accesses an ftp or a mode of communication other than http. Hence the proxy blocks the request as only http is supported. If ftp needs to be done, network admin does it.

Please let me know the URL that the help->helpcontents accesses. Is there any other way to get the help contents copied to my local machine.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply.

I have solved the problem.

The issue was whenever I clicked on the HelpContents, the proxy server used to check the link and deny as it is not in the http format.

The link typically would be as follows

/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/gettingstarted/qs-02a.htm

which is not in the typical http://xxx format.

I disabled the proxy server on my machine and the help works just fine.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Arun, thanks for the reply.

I clicked the configuration of MDK plugin. When I click on the Help section, I get an error message "Could not accept changes - The currently displayed page contains errors".

The logfile catalina.2005-09-16.log in the workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.tomcat directory content are as follows

WebappLoader[]: Deploying class repositories to work directory F:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.tomcat\ROOT

StandardManager[]: Seeding random number generator class java.security.SecureRandom

StandardManager[]: Seeding of random number generator has been completed

ContextConfig[]: Added certificates -> request attribute Valve

StandardWrapper[:default]: Loading container servlet default

StandardWrapper[:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker

HttpConnector Opening server socket on all host IP addresses

HttpConnector[0] Starting background thread

HttpProcessor[0][0] Starting background thread

HttpProcessor[0][1] Starting background thread

HttpProcessor[0][2] Starting background thread

HttpProcessor[0][3] Starting background thread

HttpProcessor[0][4] Starting background thread

WebappLoader[/help]: Deploying class repositories to work directory F:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.tomcat\help

WebappLoader[/help]: Deploy JAR /WEB-INF/lib/jsp.jar to F:\SAP\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help.webapp_2.1.2\WEB-INF\lib\jsp.jar

WebappLoader[/help]: Deploy JAR /WEB-INF/lib/servlets.jar to F:\SAP\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help.webapp_2.1.2\WEB-INF\lib\servlets.jar

StandardManager[/help]: Seeding random number generator class java.security.SecureRandom

StandardManager[/help]: Seeding of random number generator has been completed

ContextConfig[/help]: Added certificates -> request attribute Valve

StandardWrapper[/help:default]: Loading container servlet default

StandardWrapper[/help:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker

HttpProcessor[0][4] Stopping background thread

HttpProcessor[0][3] Stopping background thread

HttpProcessor[0][2] Stopping background thread

HttpProcessor[0][1] Stopping background thread

HttpProcessor[0][0] Stopping background thread

HttpConnector[0] Stopping background thread

The folders

F:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.tomcat\ROOT

and

F:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.tomcat\help

do not contain any files.

I suppose there was a problem during the initialization of the help server.

Please do suggest a work around if any

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

Even i don't have any files in the folders you have specified. Well, i was talking about the INSTALLATION directory not the workspace.

btw, if you are looking for a workaround, visit the MDK Online. i've given that link to you quite a lot of times i guess.

If you still have the installation files, just copypaste the MDK tools PLUGIN's directory from the source set into your <b><installation path>\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\</b>.

Hope that helps.

Rgds

Ak.

PS: Pl. reward useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the link that you had mentioned. But it didnt work. When I see the lin, it accesses a local web server at specified port.

I thought that a web server is required. Hence I uninstalled AWT Mi client and installed JSP client.

Still the error occurs. How do we know the port at which local MI client web server resides. Is there any config file for it.

Now I understand that the help files accessed from Help->Help Contents are actually installed locally. Is my conclusion correct.

I would like to know if the help is activated automatically after NWDS installation or some configuration is required.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

You have confused the web server thing. Let me get a few things straight.

Client has nothing to do with the NWDS help.

JSP client - LOcal MI Webserver runs only on port 4444. This is independant of any other server/help links.

Help neednot be activated externally after installation.

Probably do one thing, Check the user rights where the help is installed (inside installation directory). that's my last bet.

Rgds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

try this url http://127.0.0.1:1475/help/topic/com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools/content/gettingstarted/introduct...

This one is the Help Contents on my local machine. try to change the port if it doesn't work.

You may replace the ip by LOCALHOST too..

Rgds

Ak.

Message was edited by: Arunkumar Ravi