cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Email send functionality temporarily?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to be doing some mass imports of master agreements and agreements. Of course there will be collaborators attached and I would like to prevent the collaborator emails going out of the system while the import happening. Do not want to clog emails with unnecessary notifications.

It is possible to stop the emails from sending out temporarily while I am doing the import?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

BE CAREFUL IN SOME SYSTEMS WHEN YOU REMOVE GLOBAL RULES THE SYSTEM DOES NOT REST TO THE PREVIOUS SETTINGS

There is a global override. But make sure you log the current settings before setting the override to delete.

Process

Setup->Configuration->Mail Configuration->Select your custom Mail Configuration or the System Configuration if you do not have a custom one->Then check Use Global Rules and set the Buyside Action and Sellside Action to Delete.

You could also put in a custom rule but that is more complicated.

BE CAREFUL IN SOME SYSTEMS WHEN YOU REMOVE GLOBAL RULES THE SYSTEM DOES NOT REST TO THE PREVIOUS SETTINGS

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your advise.. I checked all options provided and the one that worked for me was to set the mail configuration for the template to delete for the collaborator email. This worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elizabeth

Best option to trun off email notification temp is

1) Login with System Admin or Enterprise user

2) click on Setup

3) System Administration -

> system information(click ok)

4) Goto Daemons tab and uncheck e-mail notification.

5) Goto Cache Tab and press Refresh All.

Now u can import without any email notification

Follow the same steps to activate the emails.

But this will stop all the e-mail notification like User creation and password nortification etc.

Regards

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try this without making any changes to mail templates.

1. setup->system information->Daemons->uncheck e-mail enabled box

2. Now start import activity

3. Once import activity is completed

4. Turn on email alerts

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

One more option you can use is to set a global rule temporarily, so that all your mail is diverted to one inbox (either your email account or a dummy email account). Once you are done with the import/export, you can remove the global rule.

To set the rule, navigate to : Mail Configuration -> Configuration being used -> Global Rules section

The rule would be of the form:

@abc.com=delete; (to delete emails being sent to company domain name).

@all=redirect to 'dummy email address' (to redirect all emails to a different account)

It would be a good idea to make a copy of the system mail configuration and use the duplicate to make changes, so that the system configuration remains as a backup.

Best Regards,

Reshma