cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto avoid changing WSDL addresses for my custom SAP web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SOA experts,

I have several different web services created out of my custom Z-functions in SAP. Unfortunately we have to do a lot of system copies, every time the web services have to be published on the new machines again. This is bad because it changes the WSDL address.

Is it possible to avoid this new WSDL address, i.e. can I re-use old ones? Or/and: Is it possible to use something like a proxy within the SAP server? Something like a UDDI server that can act as source for the WSDL for external requests.

Kind regards, Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is the system landscape.. ? Do you use PI or CE ?

SAP provides Services Registry for this purpose. You can publish services from different ABAP systems to this registry.

Using composition tools or with the help of Services Registry API you can read the service endpoints .

Does this suit your requirement

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

thanks for your reply. Wie do not use CI or PE.

Therefore I need a solution "runnning" on the original SAP server (with the web services).

Kind regards, Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is possible by using two/three methods.

1. create destination templates in NWA->SOAMANAGEMENT and use them in your program, everytime your address is change you need to change target url here but your client program won't affect.

2. Create consumer proxy and use them in your program and while configuring endpoint in SOAMANAGER provide wsdl address for endpoint configuration, again whenever your webservice address change, you need to change endpoint here.

3. Create model in ESR, create proxy in your stable system (may be PI) then while configuring endpoint in SOAMANAGER configure them using your actual wsdl.

Try anyone of them depending upon your situation.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

thanks for your reply. Could you please explain options 1 and 2 a bit?

Maybe some links to more information?

Kind regards, Matthias