Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PPM Generation after the delta change in PPDS PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

In oss note 1172838 SAP AG states that there is no auto link to

generate SNP PPMs from PPDS PPMs,when PPDS PPMs are changed from R/3

and recommends the customers to do that manually.

Yes, that is possible if the company uses not more that 50-100 PPMs,

but that is not the case in our business.

We have ~10000 SNP PPMs and it is impossible to track the changes and

update the PPMs manually.

What we need (when there is a change in PPDS PPM) is a report which will:

1. Delete SNP PPM with invalid mode combination and the Production

(Planned) orders which use that PPM. The old SNP PPM must be deleted as

the existing name of SNP PPM is required.

2. Create a new mode combination taking into account the changes in the

PPDS PPM.

Then we will run transaction /SAPAPO/PPM_CONV_310 and generate the new

SNP PPMs.

Task in point 1 can be done with transaction /SAPAPO/PPM_DEL,

but it does NOT give us the possibility to select only SNP PPMs

with invalid/obsolete mode combinations. Besides that it can not be run in

background, but in foreground.

Would you share you experience if you have faced the same/similar problem.

Best Regards,

Alper Myumyun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. That was a bug and the colleagues from SAP AG solved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

I am facing same type of problem.

I want that SNP PPM should be directly updated whenever there is any change in PPDS PPM.

Since we are having more than 50,000 ppm and it is really difficult to manage any change.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Use the report provided in oss note below to delete all invalid mode combinations. Then you should create new mode combinations (this can be also automated) and re-generate the SNP PPMs. In that way they will be up-to-date.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1378219

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

Thanks for directing to the report and SAP Note,

But may I know if this is specific to error message /SAPAPO/PPM_GENERATE226 ('invalid mode combinations have been found'), because I have the same scenario and has @ 25K PPMs,but the error message no is /SAPAPO/PPM_GENERATE125 (Mode combination used is no longer valid) and Help on that guides to Define new mode combinations for the SNP plan that is to be generated.

For your statement 'Mode combination should to be re-generated again'(also can be automated) -Coud you please suggest the method taht you have used fro mode combination generation after this report.

Thanks in advance...

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

You mentioned there was a bug that the folks from SAP solved. Did this involve anything other than running the Z_PLAN_MODE report to correct the mode combinations.

We are facing a similar issue and unfortunately running Z_PLAN_MODE hasn't proved sufficient to resolve this.

My issue is exactly the same as yours - a delta change to BOM/ Routing on the R3 side is reflected in the PPDS PPM, however the SNP PPM is not updated.

This error is not picked up by Z_PLAN_MOD and the PPM generation log also does not show any entry(neither successl nor error)

~Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

In transaction /sapapo/scc03, if you enter the PPM and display,

it will display the entire details of PPM. Afterwards if you press

Ctrl+F2, it carries out a check internally within the program

/SAPAPO/SAPLSCC_CPIT2 and comes back with the

inconsistencies (like old mode etc.,)

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

The problem is that the mentioned check does not work. I have even opened an oss message where I have got the following answer:

First you have to re-generate the SNP PPM (invalidity of the old mode combination will be generated) and then the

check will warn you about the invalidity.

This is so because at the first stage there is no issue of it being obsolete until a new one is created.

At the point that you Generate SNP PPM is when the mode invalidity is generated and not before. So its not possible for the warning to have come when there is no invalidity.

/SAPAPO/SAPLSCC_CPIT2 looks scary. There are tons of includes in it. Would you specify which one is used for the mentioned check? INCLUDE /SAPAPO/LSCC_CPIT2F09?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can you tell me the function module used for checking the validity of old mode combinations?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

Your statement towards PPDS PPM and SNP PPM is correct, thats why it is suggested to use PDS when there will a dynamic updates taken into APO from ECC,

What i feel here is, even the SNP PPM exist you can re run the Generaton of SNP PPM with PPDS......, where the SNP PPM will be replaced with the new changes from PPDS, i am not sure but we can tryout this option.

and definatly the other choose will be delete all SNP PPMS and re run for all everytime, where you can differentiate what are the new changes, but only threat is we will loose all the active orders in SNP whil we delete PPM. if possibel befor SNP run we can take a chance deleting SNP PPM.

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yarala A R,

The problem is that when we add/remove new Input components or change validity period of an existing component in a BOM in R/3 in APO the PP/DS PPM is updated, but the SNP PPM is not.

When we run transaction /SAPAPO/PPM_CONV_310 it pops-up an error message "Mode combination is no longer valid".

That's why I am looking for a solution.

What makes the mode combination invalid?

I thought mode combinations are activity related and if we do not change the activities in the PV (Routing) mode combination must still be valid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error "Mode combination used is no longer valid" will appear if subsequent changes were made to the PP/DS Plan

and old mode combinations don't exist any longer. This is necessary to avoid the wrong generating of old modes for SNP plan again.

We had faced this issue for all PPM's and finally we deleted the old SNP PPM and then Regenerated the New One.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.Nandakumar,

Yes, the PP/DS PPM has been changed (a new input component was added in the BOM), but the old mode combination still does exist in the table /sapapo/plan_gen.

Edited by: Alper Myumyun on Jul 24, 2009 1:22 PM