cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Bridge : 7.1 -> 7.0 - does this work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My understanding is as follows:

1. Setting up the external RFC destinations (AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER , AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER, LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI) so that they point to the SLD of your choice AND doing the SLDCHECK is fixing it so that connections can take place in/out of the SLD

2.Found this online: The ABAP-based SLD data supplier (transaction RZ70) is available for all SAP systems as of SAP Basis release 4.0B. So, this allows one to send data from a SID to the chosen SLD (from the AS ABAP side)

3. To configure the AS JAVA to send information to the SLD, one has to do the configurations from the Visual Administrator. I followed this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ea/cd2e807e0e45bf9da67354f452fc05/content.htm

This is correct right?

Now I am attempting to have the information from one SLD (7.1) forwarded to another SLD (7.0) and vice-versa.

These are not the actual SIDs listed below - the names are like that just to get the idea across.

I installed PI 7.1 which has a SLD 7.1 associated with it. The name of this SID is : SID_2.

For SLD 7.1, the following Technical Systems are defined

SID_1 AS ABAP

SID_1 AS JAVA

SID_2 AS ABAP

SID_2 AS JAVA

SID_3 AS ABAP

SID_3 AS JAVA

For SLD 7.0, the following is defined in the Technical Systems

TST AS ABAP

TST AS JAVA

So, I configure a bridge from SLD 7.0 -> SLD 7.1, I then see the following when going to Technical Systems

SID_1 AS ABAP

SID_1 AS JAVA

SID_2 AS ABAP

SID_2 AS JAVA

SID_3 AS ABAP

SID_3 AS JAVA

TST AS ABAP

TST AS JAVA

So all is working as I expected.

I then configure a bridge from SLD 7.1 -> SLD 7.0, afterwards, I see the following in SLD 7.0

TST AS ABAP

TST AS JAVA

SID_2 AS ABAP

SID_2 AS JAVA

Again, I installed PI 7.1 which has a SLD 7.1 associated with it. The name of this SID is : SID_2 (for this example). It looks as though only the SID associated with PI 7.1 came across but none of the others (SID_1, SID_3)

So,does configuring a bridge between SLD 7.1 to SLD 7.0 actually work? Did I miss something?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/2f42f114bc59bde10000000a155369/content.htm

And a extract from this link:

The SLD content synchronization is fully supported by AS Java 7.1 and above. Additionally, an SLD of version 7.0 SP12 and above can be used as source system for unidirectional synchronization only. Systems with version 7.0 do not support the notification of listener systems.

I think if you are using 7.0 system as source then it should work but not the opposite.

Thanks

Sunny