cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skip the page in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement like skip the page based on the variable value.

I have created a first page as a Header means which does not contains ant main window and also page type is Potrait.

I have created a one more page i.e second page as a Items page which is having the main window and also page type is landscap. now i want to print the first page in all cases but come to second page which will excecute if the varibale is not initial. In Attributes tab of first page i have given next page is the second page. In second page i have created command under the main window here iam checking whether the variable is initial or not . if the variable is initila i tried to skip the second page data. But iam succeed to restrict the data in second page but iam getting the secong page as empty.

Pease provide me the solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try like this...

In the first page general attributes point it to FIRST page itself.

Also in the first page create a MAIN window inside which you just insert a command to call SECOND page with the condition.

Regards,

Ram

knitinkumarsethy
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

Use the same main window in First page. Keep the dimension of the main window in the first page very small (e.g., 1mm height), so that no character can be printed on that. I hope your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Nitin..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Already i have tried with your logic but whenever run the smartform it is going to dump.

becoz the 1st page type is Potrait and 2nd page type is Landscape. I think this logic would not be work and also one more thing i dont have any driver program for this just iam running through T.code.

Is there any command to delete the empty page dynamically in smartform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use 2 main window:

1. Do not point the next page of 1st page to your 2nd page.

2. set the next page of 2nd to 2nd page.

3. Add one more main window with very small higth( such as 1mm ) at the end of 1st page, creat -> flow logic -> command: go to 2nd page if your condition is met.

4 At the top of 2nd page, set this 2nd main window very small highth ( sucha as 1mm )

for multiple main window in smartforms, please refer to

Edited by: Stony Lin on Jul 21, 2009 9:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Instead of doing the CHECK in second page do the same in the first page with the command window. In the command window conditions tab check the varaible is initial then in the general attributes tab GOTO page give as page 3 or just empty. take one more command window conditions tab check the varaible is not initial then in the general attributes tab GOTO page give as page 2. or Use Alternative window with true or false. If true you give the command window page2 if false then empty Regards Sarves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Sarvesh.

But first page dont have the main window becoz it is the header page and also page type is potrait . second page is having main window and page type is Landscape.

I have create a command node under the secondary window and checked the variable and in attributes tab i have mentioned GO TO NEW PAGE as a 3rd page .i tried to actiavate it but its giving error like "No new page allowed in secondary window" .

So, this solution is not helpfull.

But i dont have chance to create a mainwindow in first page becoz first page and second page Page formats are different i.e once is Potrait and another one is Landscape.

Is there any chance to skip the page