Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trex Installation and Configuration

Hi All

Have just installed Trex 7.0 ,since (Trex 7.10 couldn't be installed on 32 bit systems).

I have no idea about Trex ,So i need some information .

Now i am working on post configuration and trying to create RFC connection the ERP 6.0 .Connection and RFC destination is created.

It is showing 6 Dialog an 2 BGD processes which is true.But when i am trying to test RFC from ERP systems its failing and also in Trex Admin tool its showing red status ,in the down window.

Pls suggest.

Also help me on other related activities which should be performed.

Soem questions i have are :

1. What purpose it will solve ,if i connect it to ERP

2. SLD configuration is done and generated the sldreg and slddest.cfg file and able to see Trex services in SLD ,but how Trex will use SLD?

3.Is there any other things which i am missing ??

4.Where i can learn about index administration ?

Pls let me know if you have idea on above queries??

Regards

Ajay

Former Member replied

Hi Ajay,

The Java client configuration I indicated in previous posts is valid for TREX 7.0 and 7.1 (see TREX 7.0 Java client configuration [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/13/eb1e40be808f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm]).

I do believe that the Http tab is only available in TREX 7.1, and in TREX 7.0 you can only directly maintain/view the RFC connectivity.

As long as your Java client is configured correctly to connect to your TREX 7.0 system, you should be fine and do not need the Http tab provided in TREX 7.1.

As an example, if you have configured SAP Portal as a Java client to connect to your TREX 7.0 system, goto the TREX Portal monitoring iViews to check its connectivity status (see [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/eb/aaa0af02a0734a82c0241f5f62cb67/frameset.htm] for more information).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Joseph

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question