Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex Installation and Configuration

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Have just installed Trex 7.0 ,since (Trex 7.10 couldn't be installed on 32 bit systems).

I have no idea about Trex ,So i need some information .

Now i am working on post configuration and trying to create RFC connection the ERP 6.0 .Connection and RFC destination is created.

It is showing 6 Dialog an 2 BGD processes which is true.But when i am trying to test RFC from ERP systems its failing and also in Trex Admin tool its showing red status ,in the down window.

Pls suggest.

Also help me on other related activities which should be performed.

Soem questions i have are :

1. What purpose it will solve ,if i connect it to ERP

2. SLD configuration is done and generated the sldreg and slddest.cfg file and able to see Trex services in SLD ,but how Trex will use SLD?

3.Is there any other things which i am missing ??

4.Where i can learn about index administration ?

Pls let me know if you have idea on above queries??

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

To answer your first question, if you integrate TREX with your ERP 6.0 system you can enable search capability for SAP Business Objects (i.e. Customer, Sales Document, Vendor, etc.): SAP NetWeaver Search Engine Service (SES) provides a search and indexing framework that enables users to search for business objects (structured data) using the search engine technology of Search and Classification (TREX)

To answer your other questions, you might want to check the following links:

- [SAP Help TREX main page|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/bab1d48b0a1514e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm]

- [SAP TREX / ABAP connectivity configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/ccfd5a532565d0e10000000a155369/frameset.htm] (follow the steps in this section to resolve your connectivity issues)

- [SAP SES information and configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6a/9d9d427cab0831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Joseph

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

Thanks for the valuable info.

I am going through the configurations and creating RFCs.Configuration status is Green ,but it also has some red and yellow status in the down wondow.It says AppServer to Trex ..no reponse ,check network connection etc.

When i checked the repair history ,there is says AppServer cannot reach to the Trex and solution is something like this "ADD GW IP :SAPGWXX .

So i added the host name of GW server in host file of App server and able to ping ,but still in Trex this problem exists..

What could be the possible reason for this??

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I would suggest making sure that when you enter the RFC destination information for the SAP ERP system:

1- Select Central for the Gateway option

2- Enter the fully qualified hostname (or IP address) in the field Gateway Host

3- Enter the value of Gateway Service field - i.e. if your SAP system number is 01, then its value is usually sapgw01

4- Repair all and refresh the connections

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Joseph

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Joseph

I tried all the above steps ,stiil the same.

Looks like i need to register the program ID which Trex creates to the Central Gateway .

Regards

Ajay

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

RFC is working fine now ,once i registered the Program ID with the Gateway Host.Configuration status is green now.

But i am not able to see add HTTP button on Trex Admin tool, as i need to connect the Java system as well.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Glad to hear your RFC connectivity is working now.

Regarding HTTP TREX connectivity, in the TREX Admin tool goto the Landscape -> Connectivity section, then you can select the Http tab (located next to the RFC tab): you should then see a list of systems connected via HTTP to your TREX engine (if you already have connected one before).

If you have not yet connected a system (i.e. Java engine / Portal) to your TREX via HTTP, follow the instructions [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/c047f276911826e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm].

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Joseph

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Now i have addes the Trex Nameserver and port in VA of Java system.But i really don't find any tab called HTTP.

How cani add a HTTP server in Trex Admin tool.

Under services ,i find HTTP service in status as red ,stopped.When i try to reset it from there it throws error that yu don't have admin rights.

But through CMD ,i can reset HTTP server ,which is IIS.

I am using Trex 7.0 ,and not abel to locate HTTP tab, i thing its not there.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The Java client configuration I indicated in previous posts is valid for TREX 7.0 and 7.1 (see TREX 7.0 Java client configuration [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/13/eb1e40be808f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm]).

I do believe that the Http tab is only available in TREX 7.1, and in TREX 7.0 you can only directly maintain/view the RFC connectivity.

As long as your Java client is configured correctly to connect to your TREX 7.0 system, you should be fine and do not need the Http tab provided in TREX 7.1.

As an example, if you have configured SAP Portal as a Java client to connect to your TREX 7.0 system, goto the TREX Portal monitoring iViews to check its connectivity status (see [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/eb/aaa0af02a0734a82c0241f5f62cb67/frameset.htm] for more information).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

I am Working on E-recruitment. I installed TREX and also activated RFC connections and also I did all the backend config for ERC,

can u help me out now wht I have to tk next step.

regards

Answers (0)