cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Material type HALB cannot be used with item category L (plant 1000)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am trying to copy the BOM of a material.

The error msg.

"matrial type HALB cannot be used with item category L (plant 1000)"

Diagnosis: you want to enter a new componet with material type HALB and item category L.

Settings in IMG for production (master data> BOM > Item data > define item category) determine that inventory management for this item category is to be based on quantity.

However, other settings in the IMG for material HALB in plant 1000 determine that the quantities are not updated in the material master. This means that you cannot enter this material with item category L.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this error please.

Thanks.

Ahmad Yahya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

AmolSrivastav
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Follow this navigation path in SPRO

IMG: Logistics > Material Master > Basic Settings > Material Type > Define Attributes (OMS2)

Select a material type ( like in your case HALB) and navigate to Quantity/Value Updates. Now try to locate your plant to which you want to assign your BOM to. And then set the flags Qunatity Updating and Value Updating and save.

Now, you can come out of CS01(BOM creation) transaction and re-enter CS01. Now you can maintain the data and error will not come.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem and found that in OMS2, the Pip.mand. box was checked which makes pipeline handling mandatory for materials of type HALB and therefore did not allow HALB to be maintained as a stock item on the BOM. 

Hope this helps,

Brandon

0 Kudos

1st confirm whether the materials are available in Stock or not. if not, Then u have to check your stocks in MMBE, and maintain your stocks in MB1C. Then only you can maintain your BOM at Item Category L other wise maintain your Item category as N (Non-Stock item).

Hope this will help.

Please give points if it helps you.

Regards,

Arghyajit Chakraborty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the qty/value update in > Check attributes of material types (IMG - OSM2)