cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 - Not able to save data object mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a sample mobile 7.1 application. I am following the process described in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71.

Briefly, here is what I did.

1. Created a table called Z1CUSTOMER on the Backend R/3 system.

2. Created 2 BAPI wrappers on the Backend R/3 system. These BAPI Wrappers retrieve data from the Z1CUSTOMER table.

The BAPI wrapper are: Z_SOM_CUSTOMER_GETLIST and Z_SOM_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL.

3. Imported the BAPI Wrappers in the Mobile 7.1 DOE, using transaction SDOE_WB. This created a data object

called: CUSTOMER and a Backend adapter called CUSTOMER_ADP.

4. Double clicked on the Backend adapter: CUSTOMER_ADP, went to the Mapping Tool tab, and mapped the

fields of the data object node against the table structure returned by the BAPI Wrapper:

Z_SOM_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL.

(There are 3 drop-downs from which the Data Object Node, BAPI Wrapper name and Interface Structure can be selected)

5. Went to the Default Values tab, and selected the BAPI Wrapper to be called and parameter to be passed.

6. Saved the changes made to the Backend adapter.

7. Activate the Backend adapter.

Trouble is, as soon as the Backend adapter is activated, the mapping & default values information, which I entered in step 4 & 5, is getting lost. If I double click on the Backend adapter and reopen it, I am not able to see the mapping between data object node and the table structure returned by the BAPI Wrapper.

Later, I performed a Initial or Delta load of the CUSTOMER data object by using transaction SDOE_LOAD. But when I do a View Metadata of the CUSTOMER data object, the CDS Entries column show zero. I guess it is zero because the mapping & default values had not been saved.

I am not able to understand why the mapping and default values are not getting saved. Have I missed out some configuration setting or done something wrongly? Due to this problem, my sample application is not working till now.

If any of you has some idea on this, please give me some help.

Thanks in advance.

Kaushik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its not a problem with mapping. You should be able to see the arrow mark in 'Mapp' column after selecting Node name, object name and interface structure.

If yes then go to logs and traces in monitoring portal . Search in backend integration environment for logs. Also check in message monitoring for any failure messages.

Regards,

Dhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did as you said. I logged on to NetWeaver Administrator (web-based).

Then I went to: Monitoring>Logs and Traces>Backend Integration. A search screen appeared.

I searched for the CUSTOMER data object. A list of logs appeared.

I opened the latest log entry. It showed a failure message. This is what is reported:

Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

However, when I attempted the delta download, I was not prompted for any userid/password. So I cannot understand why such an error message came up?

Regards,

Kaushik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the user name , password provided in the RFC destination created in SM59 to connect to backend and check whether it is automatically taking you to backend. The same RFC destination should be present in the SWCV attributes.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

I have checked the RFC Destination which was created by transaction SM59.

Currently, the Trusted Relationship radio button option is marked as No

And, instead of providing explicit UserId/Password, the Current User checkbox is selected.

The Authorization for Destination field is blank.

Is any setting wrong here for the initial load? Do let me know.

Regards,

Kaushik...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need a RFC destination with a user / password if you are connecting to another system as Backend in a load scenario.

if the DOE user name , pwd is same as BackEnd user , pwd , may be current user will work(am not sure) , but ideally there should be a backend user name specified with password in the RFC destination used during load from backend as well as for any other data transfer from DOE to backend as well.

You can cross check by doing a remote logon with current user in SM59 and see if its logging you in or prompting for password.It should log you in automatically.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also alternatively try marking 'trusted relationship' to yes provided there are permissions to login via trusted systems.

This will not require user authorization everytime while making a call to other system.

Regards,

Liji