Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support project process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to support project, please tell me the support project process like

what are the tools using in support project?,

How The support consultant will get the tickets from the end users and solve the those tickets? Please give me some examples?

Is he having authorizations in development (change or display mode) system?

and tell me about support consultant roles and responsibilities in support project? and please reply as early as possible?

Thanks and regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i'm closing my issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesav,

There are some client specific (based on cost) tools and software available for call tracking and assignment. Once you are assigned to the support project, you will be updated on the same.inistilly a mail trigger that the above incident has been assigned to your group. Please action as soon as possible.

If incident assigned to you agaign a mail trigger to you

The above incident has been assigned to your. Please action as soon as possible.

On receipt of ticket and its assignment to you, you will have to check with respect to issue.

Support issues like possible to resolve immediately P3

if any customization required, or development required P4 company to company vary.

SLA's / Priorities will vary from Client to Client.

Regards

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply. Now i'm closing my issue.

Thanks and regards

kesav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

There are sever tools and software available for call tracking and assignment. Once you are assigned to the support project, you will be updated on the same.

On receipt of ticket and its assignment to you, you will have to check with respect to issue, if any customization required, or development required or it is just a user error in maintaining Master Data or executing Transaction rightly.

SLA's / Priorities will vary from Client to Client.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several tools ofhelp in support process like Remedy, BMS, Request, etc.

The normal process is the end users will log their issues with the help desk, which usually be at clients place, in turn the help desk raises an incident as per the priority of the issue, these priorities are based on the Service level agreement between the client and the consulting company.These incidents will then be assigned to respective consultants in different modules,like SD,MM,FI, HR etc.

Normally the support consultant will be given authorisation to Developement and Quality systems and may be given limited access in HSP as per the clients security policy.

In production support, the support consultant shall act on all production issues as per thier merit so as to ensure proper functioning of business, and also work enhancements which the business requires.

Above all the complete process depends on the SLA.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me who will decide the priority ( client side or support consultant)?

Can you tell me how many end users will be there one project (appox)? and what are the l1 , l2 l3 levels of support project? please reply me as eraly as possible.

Thanks & regards

kesav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesav,

The clients decides the priority, as for them, knows the importance of the issue and the time frame it should be resolved.

The priorities are fixed in the SLA's and an issue which needs to be resolved in no time or acted upon immedieately will be priority one, like wise an issue which can be given few hours of time to be resolved is Priority two, and all the regular Production issues which carrys a time frame of three to five days to be resolved are Priority three issues, and enhancements will be categorised as priority four.

Regards

Chandra

Edited by: chandrasekhars saripalli on Jul 21, 2009 5:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Can you tell me who will decide the priority ( client side or support consultant)?

While creating the support ticket, Depending upon the severity of the issue the ticket creator decides the priority of the ticket. For example:

We had 3 levels of priority set as per our SLA

P1: Very critical issue....System down kind of thing and immediate response.

P2: Critical issue : Can handle this in a 2 day

P3: normal or enhancement issue: response time is 5 days.....

> Can you tell me how many end users will be there one project (appox)? and what are the l1 , l2 l3 levels of support project?

Fortunately i have worked in L1, L2 and L3 support so i can share some of the basics about these

L1 : Lowest level of support, Generally include the Analysis of problems and suggestions, Some testing of the enhancements etc.

L2: This is the main support where consultant basically involve in technical jobs, Enhancements, configuration done by L2 consultants.

L3: Highest level of support here the most strategic and business decision taken,

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is tool like SAP solution manager .........

end user can raised the query thru SAP solution manager and your support person will assigned that ticket to you..

he should have authorisation in DEV and QA system......then only he can make the changes in configuration and test in QA system...

thanks & regards,

Ratish