cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIS updated however

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I had updated few documents which were not updated in SIS (S001) due to lack of update grp assignment. After identifying the root cause, corrections were done.

Now, After OLI7 selective data updated in S001- "(&" version and copied it to S001- "000" version using T.code OLIX.

After doing this, in T.code MCTA, Against Material: "Incoming Orders" value got updated but "Sales" and "Billing qty" values not updated.

I had checked all the assignment using T.code MCVCHECK01and verified the data update by T. code MCVR, It shows the details as desired, but T.code MCTA output is not.

What could be the possible reason? Which additional step did I forget to follow? Kindly enlighten me..!!

Thanking you.

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MCTA is using the infostructure S001. In the transaction MC26 you can see the update rules for the Update Group 1. There are no requirements or anything that would prevent a document from updating the table.

If an order has VBAP-STAFO = 1, it must update S001 table. MCVBAP-VDATU defines which period will be updated. In MCVR you should see that S001 has been updated.

Instead of running MCTA I'd recommend to just use SE16 and look at the table records.

I'm not sure what is the deal with copying the versions and don't know which options you have selected when doing the copy. If there were any update terminations, you'll see them in SM13.

Also usually I copy 000 to another version as a backup and then update 000 version directly. Either way shouldn't make any difference though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

A > In the transaction MC26 you can see the update rules for the Update Group 1.

: I found few warning messages as-

Warning Incoming orders: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Gross orders: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Net orders 1: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Net orders 2: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Orders: freight: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Orders Sub5: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Orders sub6: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Order items: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Tot.order qty: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Orders: cost: Updating with date field VDATU can be set up restrictively only

Warning Open orders: MCLIPS-APOAUWE were not built for event VC

Warning Open orders qty: MCLIPS-APOAUME were not built for event VC

Warning Warning messages occurred - read long text

B >Where as MCVR output is as per expected.

C > Output of SE16 >S001 is similar to MCTA

Since B & C appears to be normal, do you suspect anything wrong in A .

Please reply.

Thanking you.

Prashant

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Warning message should not cause any problems, they are just there to warn you. Read the long text, you'll find an explanation for each message.

I'm getting the same messages in our system when running Check in MC26.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OLI7 updates the order data only, I'm guessing you also need to update the deliveries (if using) and billing documents. You can look at the update definitions for the S0001 to see where the fields are updated from.

Also you can check the update for the specific documents using the Update Diagnosis transaction (MCVV is for the billing, there should be one for the orders too).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena for your reply.

I did check the deliveries using T.code MCVT, Info structures (s001. s002, s003, s004, s005, s126) are not appearing

simillarly for billing doc using T.code MCVV, Info structures (s001. s002, s003, s004, s006, s126) are not appearing in update log.

Since I have to update for couple of old documents, what action shall I take?

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena for your reply.

I did check the deliveries using T.code MCVT, Info structures (s001. s002, s003, s004, s005, s126) are not appearing

similarly for billing doc using T.code MCVV, Info structures (s001. s002, s003, s004, s006, s126) are not appearing in update log.

Since I have to update for couple of old documents, what action shall I take?

Regards

Prashant

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same thing you have done for the orders you also need to do for the deliveries and billing documents. Transactions OLI8 and OLI9 respectively.

Also see if you still have any orders that are not updating SIS - search for the records where VBAP-STAFO field is blank (or not what you'd expect). If you find any records now, after running OLI7, it would mean that there is still some configuration or data missing.

Don't forget that statistics update group must be set on the customer and material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had checked the VBAP-STAFO field which is filled up with proper updt. grp.

I had executed T.code OLI7 and OLI8 for selected sales order with version "(&", then I did check the same in MCTA with version "(&"

which gives no output. i.e. copy from version "&(" to "000" by using t. code OLIX fails.

I am wandering, how it can be possible?

Prashant