cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR - Rules Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

From the RAR, I can see the default "Global" ruleset. I went to the Configuration tab, navigated to Rule Upload > Generare Rules, and clicked on the Foreground button, and I see a list of Risk Description, conflicting conflicts etc etc.

However, I did not want to use the Global ruleset, as I have a customized ruleset which addresses my client's SoD concerns very specifically. What I did first was to export the all components of the rules (as a backup) and then I navigated to the Rule Architect Tab, and manually deleted all the Risks, Functions, Rule Sets and Business Process (in that order).

I then proceeded to the Configuration tab > Rule Upload and uploaded the Business process, Function, Function Authorisation, Rule Set and Risk. No error messages encountered as I followed the Rule File Templates as per the configuration guide. But it also does not tell me if I was successful in importing those files. (so I assumed no error message = import successful)

However, when I navigated to Rule Upload > Generate Rules, and clicked on the Foreground button, I was unable to see any list generated this time. I tried to export all the components of the rules (based on what I imported) to troubleshoot, and I found that the "function_permission.txt" and the "Risk_desc.txt" portions were missing from the exported textfile. However, all the other information from other text files are in that exported text file.

From initial analysis, this seems like the Function Authorisation and the Risk files may not have been imported successfully. Would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem and what actions should be taken to rectify it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Steps to rectify this would be to upload the Function description and Risk Description files in the required format. You will have these files in the best practice rule set that you get with the software.

Try generating rules once you have successfully uploaded these files.

Another thing; you can have multiple rules in your system. So, you can keep the earlier data too and do not necessarily need to delete the Global rule set.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution found here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your response.

I followed the Rule Set Template from the configuration guide to the letter.

Upon closer inspection of the contents in what I exported, I discovered that for the "function_action.txt" portion, the Tcodes of some of the business process were not found, for e.g.

Business Process FA may have tcodes under function action Tab, but business process IM seems to have no tcodes under the function action Tab. I suspect that during the import, certain business processes were not "picked up", whereas others were. It was a clean omission of tcodes from IM business process. Does the naming convention of business process follow some reserved words (i.e. financial accounting must be FA, procurement Must be PR etc to be same as the global ruleset)?

In addition, for those business process which have tcodes reflected in the function action Tab, I tried to click on the "+" to expand and see the objects, fields and values under the function permission Tab, but it cannot be expanded (i.e. blank).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that you have uploaded the objects from RAR Configuration-> Upload Objects.

The file to be uploaded here can be downloaded from SAP system. Please check the configuration guide.

Once these objects are uploaded, all the permission values will be displayed under Permission tab.

Secondly, there is no naming reserved for business process. You can use any naming convention until and unless it comes under the type of that column.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your replies.

If I were to upload those objects again, would this have an effect of wiping out my customized ruleset that I initially uploaded?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it will not effect your rules if you upload these objects again.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have uploaded the Text Objects & Permissions (downloaded from ECC) to GRC, I uploaded the rules in sequence based on the configuration guide, and I was able to successfully generate the rules.

However, the '+' symbol in Permission tab under Functions still can't be expanded; thus, the permission values can't be displayed. In addition, I get '0' Number of Active Rules when I select 'Permission' Rule Level under Rule Library. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that the file format is correct.

You can check the file format from the configuration guide.

The configuration guide has the rules format in section Appendix A. At the SMP you find the document at the following location:

Logon to service.sap.com -> Software Download -> Release & Upgrade info

-> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP BusinessObjects ->SAP BusinessObjects Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) -> Access Control -> SAP GRC Access Control 5.3.

Regards,

Shweta