cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification required to set up a SOAP to File Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have a requirement for XI to receive a file from a webservice on a legacy system and route the file received to a fileserver on the same network as XI. Also,XI has to be scheduled to invoke the webservice at 9.am daily. What would be the best approach to have the interface working?

We also have some question regarding the same.

Can we do the interface without a BPM?

How can we trigger XI to call the webservice at a certain time?

Will Adapter Scheduling work on receiver SOAP adapter?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i get your req right you dont have a receiver SOAP channel....but it is a Sender SOAP CC

If the SP level of your XI system match the requirement then the best (and may be only) approach is to schedule your SOAP CC channel at 9 am

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your response.

As per my understanding, we would have to invoke the Webservice at 9 am daily to obtain a file and then push it to the file server and for this I have to be setting up a receiver SOAP adapter , which would invoke the webservice and not a sender SOAP adapter.

So, How can i initiate the receiver SOAP channel from XI? Or how else will it be possible?

Regards,

Krishna

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CC Scheduling applicable for Sender CC....

to obtain a file and then push it to the file server and for this I have to be setting up a receiver SOAP adapter , which 
would invoke the webservice and not a sender SOAP adapter.

Are you sure that you want to have SOAP receiver CC?......if yes then what would be your Sender CC?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that only need one more sender adapter which needs to be scheduled and receiver of that is the soap receiver which makes a call to webservice and gets the response and need to capture the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajesh,

I understand your point but would it be possible to set up a dummy sender SOAP cc to trigger the BPM that would later call up on the webservice using the receiver SOAP CC and later on route the file to the file server?

also, would it be possible to retrieve the file from the SOAP message as attachment?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for your sceanrio need one sender and two receiver adapters

sender initiate the process and soap receiver makes a call to webservice and fetches the response and need to route the response to the file system.

I think need BPM for this, but check the SP of yours for making use of requestresponse bean module for the same,not sure

Need to schedule the sender adapter with te option available show availability of RWB

Rajesh