cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Queue in SMQ1 was accidently deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have encountered the following problem.

I have executed OLI3BW to set up data into the setup tables for Purchasing datasources in the LO Cockpit.

Then I did an delta init extraction to retrieve the setup data over to BW system.

Then I schedule the collective run jobs using the Job Control link from LBWE for Purchasing.

After 1month, one of the individual delta queues were accidently deleted.

I am currently testing the following method but would like to check if you guys think its feasible.

1) Delete the data from the info provider leaving only data from the delta init request.

2) Delete the delta init request from the info packages.

3) Stop the collective run.

4) Set up data with a date starting from 1month ago to 31/12/9999.

5) Do a delta init with a date range similar to the date range used for setup.

6) Schedule the collective run.

Will it work? Will there be data problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Shunhui.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui

In my opinion this will work.

In order to avoid the data problem & if your first level data target is ODS then you can follow the procedure-

1) Delete the data from the info provider leaving only data from the delta init request.

2) Delete the delta init request from the info packages.

3) Stop the collective run on R/3 side.

4) Set up data with a date starting from 1month ago to 31/12/9999.

5) Do a Full repair request (Infopackage option) into ODS with a date range similar to the date range used for setup.

6) do Init delta without data transfer .

6) Schedule the collective run.

Hope this helps

Regards

Pradip

(Friends : Don't forget to assign points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

My first level consist of both ODS and Cubes.

Does it mean I can't do the same for Cubes?

Does your "Full repair request" means selecting the option of "Full Update" in the infopackage under the update tab?

Based on your steps 5 and 6, is it the same if I carry out your step 5 using Init delta instead of Full?

Is there a difference?

Sorry for asking so much qns.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanhui

Yes ...you can do the Repair Full Request for ODS & Info cubes ....I have never done it for Info cubes and as per my knowledge it does not work properly for Info cubes since it does not have overwrite functionality.

Repair Full request -> Select Full update in Update Tab and then go to Scheduler -> tick the Repair Full request option there.

Step 5 & 6 are different

Step 5: will update the missing data into data targets without disturbing the delta mechanism

step 6 - Init delta without data transfer - will ensure that you will continue to get the delat for all periods.

hope this clarifies your questions

Regards

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui,

Document that is loaded during delta init, may be changed later, and these changes are captured in subsequent delta load.

However, these changes will not be collected in historical setup run if the document date does not fall within the date range that you specified in your selection. Thus, these changes are lost.

Regards,

Celeste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shunhui

Celeste has mentioned a very good point.

You have to re-initialize again in order to capture all the delta changes.

This will eliminate the data problems as well

Regards

Pradip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui,

I'm afraid that you might miss out delta for document that is created before delta init, however changed after delta init.

Regards,

Celeste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Celeste,

Can you provide your reasons as to why you think I'll miss out some delta?

Is it because if I do a init delta for a date range assuming 01/04/2006 to 30/04/2006, subsequent deltas will only pick up delta for records in that range and leave out all the records that is out of that range?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Shunhui.